Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Re: Is Axiom Audio Out of Business - No Phone or Email
jjaskuna #445478 05/20/22 01:03 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I'm sure they are loosing new customers. We may be willing to call three times but a new custom probably won't. I was a bit nervous ordering speakers the first time even though I followed this board for several years. If I called and no-one answered the phone and didn't get back to me in reasonable time ... I think I would have bagged.

rrlev #445479 05/20/22 01:35 AM
M
shareholder in the making
M
I wouldn't answer the phone at all! You know why? Who wants to talk to someone for an hour about whether or not 4 Ohms is more powerful than 8 Ohms? Or if M3 is better than M2 for acid jazz? Or if M5 will be enough speaker for a 4' x 4' room? At the end of that hour, maybe an M2 will be sold. Or maybe Andrew will have thrown himself off the 30m sub tower.

You wanna buy a speaker? There's an on-line store. You wanna return something? Send an e-mail. You don't like either of those options? Go to a dealer.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
jjaskuna #445480 05/20/22 03:02 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Mojo, I think you’d better not go into business for your self … you’d starve to death smile

jjaskuna #445481 05/20/22 03:19 AM
M
M
smile The sad thing is, I am right.

House of the Rising Sone
1 member likes this: aaaaaaaaaaaaa
jjaskuna #445482 05/20/22 12:57 PM
C
devotee
devotee
C
Mojo, that's certainly not the rep they were after for the last decade plus, and it's certainly not how they got here. Of course things change. One change has been their value proposition; they used to great deal for the quality; now I think they are simply reasonable. If the service change is intentional, then I'm not a fan; if it's due to staffing or world events I hope it corrects itself soon.

As for you being right, I can't agree. Taking myself as an average customer, I've probably called them 3-4 times. One, the first, was probably unnecessary; assuming they had the same web site functionality 10 or so years ago. Another was to find out if I could get LFRs with HP drives. (The web site doesn't offer the option; but it otherwise silent on the topic. I got two answers on that from different people; 1 yes, 1 no). And another call was to try and get a refund after my emails went unanswered. In fact I've *never* had a general email answered, and several emails to specific sales reps have not been answered.

I know it sounds like I'm dumping on Axiom, but the thing is - I like Axiom - and I still feel this way. How do you think a new customer is going to react? So I agree with rrlev, I think they're losing customers.

jjaskuna #445483 05/20/22 03:00 PM
M
M
Cork, what happened to you certainly isn't cool. I remember the fiasco with the HP drivers. Not getting answers to e-mails about a refund is unacceptable. I struggle though with those who spend hours of an agent's time on topics that are best answered through research or by others like board members, installers or consultants. Maybe the agent just has to have enough confidence to say "Axiom is not qualified to provide consulting on this matter." Otherwise, prices are driven up and folks who need real help with returns, etc can't be helped.

House of the Rising Sone
jjaskuna #445484 05/20/22 04:18 PM
A
connoisseur
connoisseur
A
For custom finish options and the price they are still a no brainer. As someone whos in a position “beyond capacity” the opportunity cost of answering the phone vs getting work done is a no brainer. Leave the phone alone.

It is 100% better for a business to work with existing customers and fill orders than give time to tire kickers if you have limited resources. As Mojo says the web interface is fine and google was working for general questions last time I checked…. Lol. laugh

In general, most questions can be found or answered in the forum, and frankly there are people here strong enough to design ground up rooms if help is needed. As for an RMA or refund I have always had a direct line or email to someone. No issues.

We did considerable business with Axiom this past year. No complaints on my end at all.

jjaskuna #445495 05/21/22 02:29 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
If they are so busy they can't return a call with-in an hour or two or answering email within 24 hours perhaps a 2nd customer service person might be worth the salary. If the factory can't keep up with all the orders then the lead times for product need to be extended. People understand if CS tells them that it will take longer because there is a queue of orders to be filled before theirs. If it's a problem they can decide not to wait and order else where. Keeping the client informed will preserve them a a potential client in the future. The other way you just turn them off and it's doubtful you'll ever get a order.

jjaskuna #445497 05/21/22 06:57 AM
C
CV Offline
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
Founder, Axiom Upgrade Club
C
Axiom built up my loyalty as a customer through excellent customer service, so it's disappointing to hear about the current lack of follow-through with communication. I know I would look for other options if I emailed and phoned and couldn't get the information or assistance I was looking for as a first-time customer. At this point I'm in it for the long haul, but I would also still like to recommend them to friends and family and coworkers. I don't think I can do that until I hear of this trend changing.

I've had a couple of recent interactions where businesses have gotten back to me, and it was timely, but I still felt underwhelmed by the response because they didn't try to find a solution. It was basically a so-sorry situation, and the communication ended. I emailed Priority Bicycles about my new bike's fenders giving me the occasional rattle, so I thought I'd see if they had any tips for reducing it or eliminating it altogether. They said to make sure the bolts were all good and tight, but to expect some rattle when going over bumps. Not a terrible answer, but also no real knowledge on display or desire to see my concern resolved. I had already been looking through online discussions with tons of possible fixes, which I'll have to start trying, but I thought going straight to the source, who have experience with that exact bike/fender combo would help narrow my efforts.

The other interaction was also bike-related. I tried ordering an Ortlieb pannier through a local bike shop's website. Maybe 4 or so business days later, they emailed to say their supplier was having trouble fulfilling the order, along the lines of not being able to find the product in their warehouse. Their phone calls and emails to the supplier went nowhere, so they refunded me the money and apologized. Again, not a terrible response, but they also didn't ask if they could help me find a different bag for my needs. It was just hey, sorry, couldn't deliver, goodbye.

With short answers not giving me a feel-good experience, I don't know how much patience I'd have for no answer.

Mojo #445499 05/21/22 09:22 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted by Mojo
smile The sad thing is, I am right.
I disagree.

Although automation can bring about efficiencies, some things NEED to be dealt with one on one. Try calling your local ISP or cell phone provider to sort out an issue solely by email or online forms and tell me you won't go mad. It is maddening enough to get your ISP on the phone only for the front line person to run you through an obvious list that annoys the hell out of an experienced individual
"Is the unit plugged in?"
Oh good lord.

I've had a career in mostly client based industry (consulting) and there are two simple things for business to be effective in this regard:
1) communicate QUICKLY
It doesn't matter if you have an answer or not, letting a person know you received their email, phone message, doesn't matter, is huge in keeping initial frustration to a minimum.
2) how well does the issue/query get resolved?
This is efficiency based as well as, yes, CUSTOMER SERVICE based. If you drag your heels, give answers that have no basis, do not follow up, regardless of the method of communication, you WILL lose their business. A local friend is set to return LFRs because Axiom never got back to him on pricing (as one very recent example).

The mode by which communication occurs, is not the issue but i will say, phone calls get shit done way faster and more clearly, bar none.

I should add though, from those of us who've been with Axiom for as long as we have, this is a downturn in what used to be a hallmark of their business. Sadly, as with Onkyo, decline in customer service, or product quality sometimes signals trouble with the company.
Rumours start to fly!

Last edited by chesseroo; 05/21/22 09:26 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020