I am gradually building up my system. Here is what I currently have:
Denon 3805
M60
Sanyo DVM-6100 (DVD/VCR combo)
1 Dish Satelite Receiver (DishPro 311)
Toshiba TV
SVS PB1-ISD sub
Others to be added later!

I am having a problem with the connections. Unfortunately, the 3805 Manual is not helpful. Their suggestions are not working.

The Sanyo also plays CD and MP3. So far I got the audio part working by connecting the Audio Out on Sanyo to Audio In (DVD) on 3805 with RCA. That has been my only success. The Toshiba TV has S-Video but no Component Video slots. The Sanyo has S and Component Video slots. I have had no success with the video. How do I connect the Dish Receiver and the Sanyo to the 3805 items to receive audio and video on the TV and get my music as well? I am a newbie so please let your directions be very detailed and specific! Thanks

Re: Connection Problems
#44618 05/03/04 11:30 PM
shareholder in the making
Since your TV only has S-video, you can safely ignore the component video jacks. Make sure you connect the Sanyo's digital coax output to one of the two digital coax inputs on your receiver (located on the bottom left if looking directly at the back of the unit). That will give you sound for DVDs. Then for CD/MP3 audio, connect a stero-pair of RCA cables from the Sanyo to the CD inputs on the back of the Denon.

Also, connect the s-video from the DVD player to the S-video DVD in on your receiver. Do the same for the Dish receiver, except plug it into the DBS s-video slot. Then connect the S-video monitor out from the receiver to the S-video in on the TV. That should do it. Pages 7 - 9 of the Denon manual show detailed pics of the above process.

#44619 05/04/04 12:10 AM
K
kay Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
K
Thanks,pmbuko. I'll try it right away.

#44620 05/04/04 03:13 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Kay,
sorry to tag on late here, but you may want to try connecting video using both regular RCA cables and an S-Video cable. I tried both a while back to connect my BellExpressvu satellite receiver and the pq was better with the regular composite connection. Others have found this to be true, but I think it is pretty hit-and-miss.

"Chickens don't clap."
#44621 05/05/04 02:46 AM
K
kay Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
K
Thanks.
Actually, pmbuko's suggestion did not work. I will try yours too and see.

#44622 05/05/04 05:08 PM
kay, make sure your TV is also set up to display the appropriate video input. You'll need to see the Denon's on-screen menus to fully set it up.

#44623 05/07/04 06:18 PM
K
kay Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
K
That is the problem! I am not able to get video. I must be the most miserable (patient?) person on earth!. I got my M60 about 3 weeks ago and I am not really enjoying it, because I can't get my connection to work. I got the audio to work,finally,or so I thought, but not the video. Yesterday, I changed the base and treble with the Tone select button (Denon 3805) and lost my audio too. There was a 'multi' sign that was not there before. I managed to remove it but still no sound, no video from DVD. Here is the connection I used:
TV and 3805:
-S-Video and RCA out to TV In on receiver
-Digital Coax from Audio Centre In on TV to Coax2 on Receiver

DVD/VCR/CD Combo:
-RCA from DVD/VCR OUT to Audio IN (Receiver)
-S-Video to S Video (DVD) on 3805 (redundant?)
-Digital Coax (Audio) to Coax 1(bottom one) on Receiver

Dish:
-RCA (Audio & Video) from Dish Receiver to DBS on 3805
-S Video from Dish Receiver to S Video (DBS) on 3805

I was able to get Audio from TV, Dish and CD but no DVD Video with these connections. Until I tried to change the base and treble when I lost all.

One more thing (please bear with me). Because I was not able to get video from DVD, I have not yet set the 3805 up. Is that why the Sub refused to work? I plugged it in and got no response. I REALLY need your help. WHat am I doing wrong?

Thanks

#44624 05/07/04 06:54 PM
First thing I see is that you seem to have connected the video/audio (?) in on the TV to the video/audio (?) marked as TV IN on the receiver. You should be hooking up one kind of video (probably S video, it looks like that's what all your components have) to the Monitor OUT jack on the reciever to the video IN on the TV. You don't need to hook up both the yellow RCA and the S-video on your components. The yellow RCA is for composite video, which is generally lower quality than S-video. If you have component video (3 jacks that are red, blue, and green), then it's a different matter.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044