Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Re: Is Axiom Audio Out of Business - No Phone or Email
jjaskuna #446309 10/03/22 04:16 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Finally got the new amp late last week and hooked up over the weekend. All seems to be well again. I have yet to run Odyssey to get everything setup so i know the surrounds presently are set too loud for their locations. I might set them manually as well in case i prefer the sound without Odyssey. Hopefully i'll have time to run some curves so i can see the change in sound response.

One thing i didn't realize is that i think my old amp wasn't triggering on/off properly. The new amp definitely shuts off with the trigger, blue light goes out, audible click. With the previous amp, i don't recall a clear loud click, though i think there was something (but could also just have been the sound of the Denon shutting down) and the blue light never turned off.
I think all is finally well.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
jjaskuna #446329 10/05/22 08:14 PM
M
MMM Offline
connoisseur
connoisseur
M
i had some issues with one of my ADA1500 amps. what ended up solving the problem was putting a dual usb fan pumping in cool air into the unit. so now the amp stays cold to the touch and no extra noise, no channels that seem to drop out.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08ZSRYH94/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

even on the mid setting the fans are silent from where I am sitting. With my current setup i had located each of the amps and lfr dsp inside a front cabinet that is under the TV. the added fan helped to keep them cool.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5
jjaskuna #446394 10/12/22 01:13 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Odd that you had channels dropping due to heat. I would expect the unit would shut down if it hit such a point long before something detrimental occurs.

For the price the ADA1500 is fantastic, but if i have any longer term issues or recurring ones, i'll be looking for another brand. The last got sent back last week.

On a related note, i was reading a thread in the CanuckAM forums the other day and someone was complaining about getting not great service (no communications) from Bryston.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
chesseroo #446396 10/12/22 04:20 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by chesseroo
On a related note, i was reading a thread in the CanuckAM forums the other day and someone was complaining about getting not great service (no communications) from Bryston.
Having visited Axiom in September, the factory was in chaos. They are integrating the Bryston team - admin, engineering, manufacturing, etc. into the Dwight location. Ian mentioned that the offshore manufacturing of the Bryston product (not including the speakers) was being brought into the factory. This brings challenges, as he cannot expand the factory due to regional fire regulations. Ian explained that these regulations have killed off manufacturing in the near north. Specifically, factories above a certain square footage of manufacturing space must have access to fire hydrants...which for those of you that have visited Axiom know is impossible for our fave speaker company. Digging supply ponds is also a challenge on the safety, environmental and other fronts...but I digress.

The front office for those who have been to Dwight, was in transition to accommodate the incoming office engineering team.

Poor Debbie was obviously overwhelmed in her role, but maintained her spirit in moving Axiom forward...including making decisions on product logo location - overriding Ian's decision in one case!

jjaskuna #446397 10/12/22 10:51 PM
M
shareholder in the making
M
The factory looks like chaos to you because you are not a certified audio superfactory professional.

I for one would get rid of product logos as part of a factory simplification campaign.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
jjaskuna #446398 10/13/22 01:56 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Sounds like a nutty time in Dwight.

The solution I'd try would be for Bryston to buy or rent a bit of Axiom's land. Now they have two companies each hopefully allowed a certain amount of building space (per fire code). If that flew ,... Bryston would be allowed to build another building which Axiom can rent space in and Bryston can hire Axiom to Manufacture it's stuff. (all assuming it's a per company limitation and not a % land one)

In this case Manufacturing stays were it is and can use what ever extra space is gained by moving everything else to Bryston's new building ...

You know me ... Just another crazy thought ....

jjaskuna #446399 10/13/22 04:23 AM
M
M
That's not how it works. Obviously you are also not a certified audio superfactory professional.

House of the Rising Sone
rrlev #446400 10/13/22 06:33 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by rrlev
Sounds like a nutty time in Dwight.

The solution I'd try would be for Bryston to buy or rent a bit of Axiom's land. Now they have two companies each hopefully allowed a certain amount of building space (per fire code). If that flew ,... Bryston would be allowed to build another building which Axiom can rent space in and Bryston can hire Axiom to Manufacture it's stuff. (all assuming it's a per company limitation and not a % land one)

In this case Manufacturing stays were it is and can use what ever extra space is gained by moving everything else to Bryston's new building ...

You know me ... Just another crazy thought ....
Unfortunately, it does not work that way. Axiom is 25 km from the nearest town, Huntsville approx./ 20,000 people and there is no domestic water supply - this is a very rural area, usually called the near north or cottage country.

jjaskuna #446401 10/14/22 02:18 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
So, how does it work. What are the limits.
I would imagine a fire hydrant requirement would be for a building of a certain size, type of use, and/or number of occupants ...

Anyway, there is usually a way around stuff.

jjaskuna #446402 10/14/22 03:00 AM
M
M
No way around. But under...that's a possibility. Under highway 60 and into the Lake of Bays. All Ian has to do is get on Twitter and ask Elon for help.

House of the Rising Sone
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617