#446390 10/11/22 07:24 AM
D
DrBones Offline OP
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
D
Hello,

I am looking to use my Axiom Air in a school classroom. I will not have access to a network so I will run it direct off of my iPhone. I thought to simply use an adapter to run a 3.5 mm cable to the analog input on the AA and use Tidal to output music. However, in a trial run tonight, I got extremely low volume output even with the iPhone settings turned up and the AA volume turned up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be keeping the volume low? I did not use the AA app. As I mentioned, I will have no network at the school. I simply ran the Tidal app direct to the output port.

Thank you,

James Nero

Re: Volume too low via iPhone wired to AxiomAir analog
DrBones #446391 10/11/22 03:14 PM
connoisseur
Online Content
connoisseur
Although I have not looked at this for a while … the air can provide its own Wi-Fi hotspot. It needs to be enabled in the app first … set gear->network->hotspot to ON. Then you can use the app to control the volume directly to the Air.

I’m not sure of the intent of volume knob on the front of the air. I just leave mine at max. So, iPhone volume at max, volume knob at max, app volume in control.
I didn’t actually test this … so you need to …

rrlev #446392 10/12/22 01:07 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Originally Posted by rrlev
Although I have not looked at this for a while … the air can provide its own Wi-Fi hotspot. It needs to be enabled in the app first … set gear->network->hotspot to ON. Then you can use the app to control the volume directly to the Air.

I’m not sure of the intent of volume knob on the front of the air. I just leave mine at max. So, iPhone volume at max, volume knob at max, app volume in control.
I didn’t actually test this … so you need to …

Interestingly this happened to us this past weekend. Got really low volume out of our Air. Eventually solved it by, yep, turning up the analog volume dial on the front. Somewhere one of the kids must have played with it and turned it down because i never had any issues in the past.
Only have this problem/feature when using the analog cable which is rare (only when i hook up Sonos to it). Otherwise, i use bluetooth to connect and the volume dial is moot/non functional.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
DrBones #447814 02/20/24 06:32 PM
J
J
The volume is low when an iPhone is connected to AxiomAir via analog output. Check the volume settings and cable connection. If the problem persists, contact AxiomAir support.

Moderated by  Andrew, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup