Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: So I've been listening to Mandarin tunes...
Mojo #446632 11/22/22 03:16 PM
M
Mojo Offline OP
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
shareholder in the making
M
That tune activated neglected parts of my brain. I could actually see infected mushrooms marching toward me mid-way through.

Good that you're experimenting with room response. Just remember that acoustically heterogenous materials result in reflections with heterogenous frequency responses. The Family of Curves therefore distorts in unpredictable ways.

To fix that in your case, nail a cloth recliner to each side wall and glue an area rug to your ceiling.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
Re: So I've been listening to Mandarin tunes...
Mojo #446633 11/22/22 07:01 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I'm planning on tongue and groove for the ceiling and will consider some acoustic treatment up there if I can make a educated decision on what to do underneather the wood that could help the acoustics of the room.

That final 2 minutes of the song for me are my favorite, all those surreal liquid sounds and gutteral groaning and wild moaning, so cool. I bet that sounded really good on the ALFRs.

My sub in its position is actually getting good response in my 2-3 MLP spots. I'm sure I got a bit lucky and im sure there are way more improvements to be made.

Just rocking out on the desk top system with the M2's. Dam! I brought Axiom Transformer to this system this morning and it's WAY better than the little apple dongle dac / lightning i was using via a 3.5mm / rca patch cord off my phone. The bass via the sub is way less flabby. It's really good bass. I just played the Infected Mushroom tune, and it's hitting me in the chest! So good! I pulled the covers off the m2s and those little 5.25 woofers are moving big time! It was shocking how much they travel!!!

These m2's are sick. Wow. I'm blown away. These are the best value speakers in my opinion, b stock, $400, can't beat that for what im hearing.

Man with the long black coat, I can hear many details in the soundstage I don't hear with M60ti in the big system. The music sounds lke its flowing out of my screen! Love it.

https://open.spotify.com/track/23Tsi9Cd7I2IoWHFQOwMXk?si=06e6055c3f544db4 , Paul Simon Live. Paul Simon is right in front of me. So cool. ( I played this on the M60ti in the big room, it was pretty #$%^&*! great, gotta say. The cheering in the background is really real, you can sense the space he is in.

But I digress.....

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters