Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
info on Axiom wireless transmitter?
#446612 11/19/22 04:10 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I can not find any specs on the Axiom wireless transmitter that comes with M-3 Wireless speakers?

especially looking for capabilities of streaming.

Can't find search island as described in forum help to search as well. The search on upper right only searches product site and not forum.

Re: info on Axiom wireless transmitter?
PatBernotas #446613 11/19/22 04:43 PM
M
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
M
Axiom has not published any radio specifications for the wireless transceiver. I have both the Force and Freedom and use them from my deck. That deck is 80 feet away from the WAP, which is located in the far wall of my basement. So there are many obstacles in the way including a furnace. I'd say it's no better or worse than the wireless transceiver in my Android phone and Lenovo laptop.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated
Re: info on Axiom wireless transmitter?
PatBernotas #446616 11/20/22 01:08 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Originally Posted by PatBernotas
I can not find any specs on the Axiom wireless transmitter that comes with M-3 Wireless speakers?

especially looking for capabilities of streaming.

Can't find search island as described in forum help to search as well. The search on upper right only searches product site and not forum.

As the owner of the M3 wireless product, I can tell you that nothing exists. The documentation provided with the speakers is a 2 page folded brochure, and the Axiom Air Transmitter document is 5-6 pages. Neither mentions any technical details, and are both more of an after thought.

The devices themselves are solidly made, but my version (purchased Jan 2022) has design flaws. I could not get them connected and working easily - in case you are wondering, my background is electrical engineering, involved in electronic design with a career focus (37 years) on computer systems. I spoke with Ian and Andrew (Sales) and we managed to get them online, but the use is still frustrating to this day.

On my September 2022 visit to Axiom HQ, I had discussions with both Ian and Andrew (Sales) and it appears that they made a change based on a suggestion I had with the individual power switches on the speakers. It was also mentioned that they had released code updates for the speakers and the transmitter. I expressed my frustrations at not being told this, or seeing an announcement in any forum! I believe they mentioned that the updates to mine had to be done at the factory, which is even more frustrating.

My overall thought would be - great concept, poor product. Buyer Beware.

/rant

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters