Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Axiom service
#45935 05/14/04 12:21 PM
danman Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I recently received a set of M60's and noticed that one of the woofers had glue smudged around part of the rubber surround. This did not seem like a big deal at first but it kind of bothered me after thinking that MAYBE I received a set of Factory Outlet speakers but paid for new ones! After all, how could that go un-noticed? To make a long story short, I contacted the company and they told me they would send me a new woofer which they did......however!!!! It also had something on it and looked used! I sent that one back after calling and sending a letter explaining what had happened. Yesterday, I received a box at home BUT it was a 5 inch mid-range speaker instead of a woofer!!!! I am quite confused! I have contacted them again and will be sending this one back as well BUT I will send pictures to make sure that I get the right one!!

I could of sent them back all together but I was too lazy to pack them all up and I do like the sound. I was going to get the M3's as a second set but am having second thoughts about that! I am trying not to complain but my main question is how did this happen in the first place? Afterall, it is very obvious that glue was spilled and nobody noticed? Did I receive factory outlet speakers???

I hope that Ian reads this because it is somewhat disturbing to think that maybe I was not given the right speakers! Service however was very good and the woman that I talked to was quite disturbed this had happened and assured me it would not again but I am very reluctant as to what I have recieved as speakers in the first place and am not sure about the M3' anymore! Hope this has not happened to anyone else!!?

Re: Axiom service
#45936 05/14/04 12:57 PM
aficionado
aficionado
as we would say here in our store, it must have been your day in the pickle (sp) barrel. if we screw up a customre's order, it usually always seems to happen to that one person. he does enjoy doing business with us and has accepted his fate with us; still a good customer.
this is not typical of axiom's customer service, keep the faith.
dan

#45937 05/14/04 01:19 PM
axiomite
axiomite
It's such a drag, when things like this happen. I just went through a bunch of baloney with a local drugstore that couldn't figure out how to deliver some medication 4 blocks to my home.

Your experience is most rare. It's the first service gaff by Axiom I've heard of in the 6 months or more I've been posting here. Sorry it had to be you. Hang in. They'll fix it for you.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#45938 05/14/04 01:54 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
i would have to agree with ajax.. this is the first negative response i have ever heard when dealing with their customer service. it is extremely unfortunate, and i am sure they will do whatever it takes to fix your problem.

sorry this has happened to you, and i hope your confidence in the company hasnt waivered.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#45939 05/14/04 02:31 PM
danman Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Just my luck!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure about my present feelings right now and my confidence is a little shakey realising that i may have received the wrong speakers! The M3's are probably a distant memory at least for now until I can digest this!

#45940 05/14/04 02:32 PM
axiomite
axiomite
danman,
To look at this in a slightly different context, imagine you had just bought some Paradigm speakers directly from the company.
Do you think their customer service would have been as fast in sending you the replacement drivers?
For that matter, has ANY company you ever dealt with before sent you so many replacement parts so quickly? Or been so easy to contact via either phone or email with near immediate response?
Axiom may have had some glitches sending you a 'clean' driver, but if this were one of ten thousand other companies instead of Axiom, you would probably be still waiting on getting that first return email from customer service.
Have some faith. Axiom will get it right soon.

In the meantime, enjoy the speaker sound. A little bit of glue on the surround will not do anything negative (assuming it is not really glopped all over the driver). Only our local snobophiles may tell you otherwise.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
#45941 05/14/04 02:43 PM
aficionado
aficionado
From my understanding the glue was on the suspension surrounding the actual cone of the woofer? If thats the case, and provided it was a relatively small amount of glue, I can't imagine it would make any difference whatsoever to the overall sound quality. There also has been mention on here before, although I can't find where, of a stray glue drop appearing somewhere. Rest assured that you didn't get Factory Outlet speakers. With respect to them sending you the wrong driver the last time, it's possible that they misinterpreted your return of the first driver they sent. Some thought along the lines of: "Oh he returned the replacement, we must have sent him the wrong one."

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]
#45942 05/14/04 02:43 PM
danman Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I understand what you are saying chesseroo but I am still wondering if I got what I paid for!!? Many people receive Factory Outlets and can't even notice a thing.........I paid for new ones and nobody noticed 3 inch long glue? Then they send me a woofer that looked used and I had to blow off the dust and it also had a blemish around the outer ring and then I get a 5 inch midrange!!! Yes people make mistakes but this is an on-line company and if I were to have bought Paradigm, they would have been in a store which would have made it easier to fix the problem!

My initial purchase was going to be JMLab new Chorus series and I have no regrets concerning sound comparison but I think this would have not gone un-noticed! The glue would of had to have been spilled during the manufacturing of the woofer not the building of the speaker itself therefore it should have been seen by the person who screwed it on!

The initial glue on the woofer is not really the issue.....it is what I may have paid for that I did not get that effects me and now the 2 screw ups that followed! The M3's are on hold!

#45943 05/14/04 03:39 PM
T
axiomite
axiomite
T
Dan, I urge you try to change your perspective on this matter. Re-read what Chess said. I am seriously sorry you are unhappy, and your experience is obviously an anomalous one, or we would hear more of these kinds of stories than the converse (and Axiom would be out of business).

In reply to:

it is what I may have paid for that I did not get that effects me

I don't follow this at all. If you are referring to your assertion that you may have received Factory Outlet stock, I can assure you that there is no qualitative difference between them and the regularly priced speakers. If you only complaint is a glue smudge on a woofer, let's focus on that, get it fixed and live happily ever after.

I think you have a few flawed premises, here. I don't know in what way a similar situation would have been "easier" to fix if you had bought from a B&M store; unless that particular B&M has a factory-authorized service department, they would likely have had to replace the entire speaker, not just the driver - and I'd be surprised if they made house calls. Likewise, the "blemishes" you discovered would not seem to impact the sound quality in any way. Finally, I'm sure that Axiom will "make this right" with you.

So, have some patience, have some faith and enjoy the music in the mean time.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem
#45944 05/14/04 04:23 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
Honestly, danman, I can say that I didn't have the best OOBE (out of box experience) with 2 of my 3 Axiom orders, but it seems we're the exception, not the rule.

My M3s came with no problems. My SS24 stands had one misdied brass carpet spike that wouldn't thread in all the way - the threads disappeared at too shallow a point leaving it a 1/4" higher than the others, so for the time being, I'd put in one of the rubber bumper feet and waited (and waited) for the replacement spike, when it hadn't come by the time I ordered my QS4s, I asked Brent to throw it in with my QSs. My QS order came with two extra SS24 spikes (just in case), but on inspection of the QS grilles, there were holes in the grill cloth where the router had torn out a bit of the material and it wasn't sanded off - top grille on one, bottom grill on the other. Another call to Brent (I'm sure the sales phone is on his belt at this point ) and he sent out replacement QS4s via FedEx Overnight with return shipping labels for the damaged surrounds.

In the end, there were more problems with my orders than I would have expected and sometimes you just wonder (like I mentioned to Brent on the phone) if someone there doesn't like you - but after it was all worked out I'm very happy with my purchases and I'll finish up my HT with Axiom products.

Take a deep breath, check your horoscope and remember, you can't be a lightning rod for ALL the problems.

Bren R.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020