Re: Pulled the trigger!
#46262 05/19/04 01:30 AM
S
ScottA Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
S
I am in Indiana. The 61" definitely has that "wow" factor. And I basically stole it at the price I paid. Can't wait to hook up the new axioms and HSU sub and watch Master and Commander. That movie has the best surround of any movies I have seen lately. If you are near Fort Wayne, IN stop in and take a look. I will post pictures when set up

Re: Pulled the trigger!
#46263 05/19/04 11:25 AM
M
mwc Offline
aficionado
aficionado
M
You'll just have to come back soon. That big-ass E C was banished to the master bedroom and the new TV is sitting on a "sofa" table where the E C was. All of the components are stacked on the bottom shelf of the table under the TV and it's all quite compact. The room seems much bigger and more open even with the TV taking up a good chunk of the wall. It's only about 17" deep and hugs the wall pretty good. Subsequently, the Maggies have more room to breathe and I have more placement options to experiment with. Best of all, my wife is happy with TV and the "new" look to the room. Life is good!

The overall sound of the system has changed dramatically without the EC and I was having some upper bass/lower mid range issues. I solved the problem by turning the tweeters to the inside and moving the mains about 18" closer together (something I couldn't previously do because of the big-ass E C.)

I took the KEF towers out of the room and replaced them with the Axiom M22s for surround duty. It sounds great and the physically slim profiles of the M22s help contribute to a more open and spacious feel to the room.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters