GameCube
Best for younger Kids
Games Tailored for younger generation
Pretty good graphics
Some cool GCube only games
Cheapest(100$)
Cons
Weak Online Aspect"

Apparently you haven't a/b compared them (graphics) using the same games, have you?

The cube looked as if I had cataracts, in comparison.

Re: OT- PLAYSTATION2
#46796 05/28/04 07:10 PM
aficionado
aficionado
I have mine setup the way ksimple does. Svideo and digital optical cable. I play around with my DSPs with each game until I get something that works best for me. Ratchet and clank sounds great with one DSP whereas Resident Evil works better with another.

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens
#46797 05/29/04 02:08 AM
devotee
devotee
in terms of hardware the gamecube has the 2nd best graphics chips and accelerators.
Xbox is first, and PS2, which is the oldest is last.

As for the games themselves, it all depends on what game it is. For most multi platform games(xbox, GC, PS2 supported) the PS2 will look weak, while the Xbox will look marginally better then the GC. Very little difference.
BUT! IF you get a crappy looking game, it will look crappy on your tv as well.

Another pro for GC is that some games are 480P supported. I know some xbox games are HDTV supported with the kit, but i dont know about 'as is' 480p games.

Once You Pop You Can't Stop
#46798 05/29/04 09:41 AM
E
buff
buff
E
Glad to see many people recommending SCEA games- like J&D, SOCOM, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank and a few others- cuz I work for SCEA . We had real Navy seals come in from Seal Team-5 for SOCOM, and they did 99% of the motions for us (I do Motion Capture). They put "taunts" in for multi-player, and those were done by a few of us in the Studio. Check out the "chicken dance" one, that is my friend Ryan- and it is just hilarious. Check out Rise to Honor also- those motions were all Jet Li himself, and his loyal stuntmen. We did that shoot in a big wherehouse and had full wire-work just like in his movies.

We are beginning work on several titles already for the PS3- which is gonna be amazing. When we first heard that Microsoft was jumping into the mix with the Xbox, some of us were worried at first, then we realized that most gamers would stay away from it simply because of Microsoft- and we were correct. It has some nifty features, and is certainly a capable system, but they don't have nearly as many titles available. Part of the reason is that game developers don't often have the resources to produce on two different consoles, and given the choice, the PS2 is the better option for them because it is so popular.

EDIT: BTW- if you have a large TV, it is definetly preferable to use S-Video or Component with the PS2. With S-Vid on my 55" phillips, it is much, much, much better than with the analog that comes with it.

Last edited by ElTorrente; 05/29/04 09:50 AM.
#46799 05/29/04 02:26 PM
B
regular
regular
B
Not to make this a playstation vs xbox thread, but there really isnt a comparison for people who appreciate high def games and true 5.1 sound. I used to have a playstation , but most of the games are multiplatform, and first party games Microsoft as of late has been on top of their game. As a matter of fact the xbox recently outsold the playstation 2 for the month of April. Also, if any of you guys play online Xbox live now has msn and cell phone text game invites, so you can coordinate your online gaming via cell phone. I'm really not a fanboy just a long time gamer. If any of you guys have played Halo 16 player capture the flag , you will understand where I'm coming from

#46800 05/29/04 05:44 PM
devotee
devotee
halo 16 is pretty juicy

except when it takes 4 hours and nothing really happens cause its CTF with 16 people:)

Eltorrente-thats pretty cool you work for SCEA. Are you currently programming for a machine that is not out yet, or has Mcsoft given you a prototype system already?(not in consumer form obviously)

Once You Pop You Can't Stop
#46801 05/30/04 03:46 PM
veteran
veteran
I just recently passed my PS2 on to the kids as there is no exclusives for it I really feel the need to own. I get all multi-platform games for the XBOX. But since you have the PS2 I'll recommend a few.

Splinter Cell: Excellent stealth game. Lots of fun and the PS2 version has two exclusive levels. One of the best games made for any console IMO.

Burnout 2: Great arcade racer. Very fast racing and it has a game mode where the object is to make the biggest wreck possible. My kids love it.

Twisted Metal Black: Car combat. Pretty cool.

Splashdown: Jet ski racing. Lots of cool tracks.

Finding Nemo: Obviously good for the kids.

The Tony Hawk series: Fun for kids and adults.

Star Wars Bounty Hunter: If you are a SW fan this one is great. Creates a story of Jango Fett and his doings before Episode II. Great third person shooter.

Stuntman: Driving game where you play a stuntman and have to do different car stunts to create scenes for a movie.

Crash Nitro Kart: haven't actually played this but heard it is fun. Similar to Mario Kart for the GC.

#46802 05/30/04 08:35 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Since you work there, can I make a request? Please put out the next Gran Turismo on a PC platform! It's a great series, but I don't want to get a PS2 just for that one game.

#46803 06/01/04 03:42 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Oh god yes please please please!

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters