#468 11/21/01 03:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
I recently picked up a pair of M22TI's and couldn't be happier. The improvement over my old boston's is like night and day. Unfortunately, I'm starting to think that my onkyo receiver's days are numbered and was hoping I could get some input on a good budget integrated amplifier( < $800 us). I listen mainly to rock music, with quite a bit of bluegrass, acoustic stuff thrown in. I've looked around a bit online at offerings from Rotel, Cambridge Audio, NAD, etc, but unfortunately the selection of audio equipment locally is a bit sparce so it's unlikely I'll be able to audition anything but NAD and Marantz. Sorry for the long winded post. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Wayne

Re: Integrated Amplifier Advice
#469 11/21/01 03:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you might want to consider Audioadvisor...they offer a fair amount of nice integrateds and have great customer service...you can find them at www.audioadvisor.com....I have a pair of M3TI's that I am using in a CD only system with a Threshold S/350 amp and a Creek OBH-10 remote volume control acting as a passive preamp...if you only listen to CD's you might want to consider this option....get a great used or new amp and use the Creek as a passive preamp....

#470 01/25/02 05:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did you end up getting? I have a Jolida, and have heard some others.

#471 02/08/02 02:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got a good deal on a used Audio Refinement Integrated and am very happy with the improvement. Firstly I was shocked with how much smoother my system sounds with the AR, though I honestly can't say I really noticed it that much before, my onkyo sounds very "grainy" in comparison. The highs are also much more enjoyable, while things like acoustic guitar don't have quite the same bite, for lack of a better word, the system as a whole is much less fatigueing to listen to, and the bass seems tighter and more controlled. In reviews it is often said the AR tends towards a more tubey sound as far as solid state electronics goes, and I can't comment having never listened to tubes (though now I'm pretty curious) but I'm very happy with the sound of the amp and am honestly very surprised with the impact that the new amplifier has made to my system.

Wayne

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters