Print Thread
Rate Thread
The Winston Pics - aka Nextel AllStar Challenge
#47353 05/29/04 12:48 AM
getoffb Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
So, I finally found another RV with a satellite internet connection, so now I can show you guys some pictures of this past weekend down here in Charlotte. I'll post some more Sunday night of the 600 if anyone is interested.

My brother in front of Jr's pit box.

Pretty snazzy ain't it?

Jimmie Johnson talking at the Lowe's tent before the race.

Do you know who this is behind the blur?

Here's the start of the Open Race. Winner of this got a WildCard into the AllStar Race.

Learn to get up to speed Casey Mears...

Here's the introduction of the drivers and their Teams.

This Red "X" magically floated in front of the 24 car all night. Wonder how they did that?

Here's the start

Here's Miachel Waltrip after the "flip." After the first section of laps, 40, they randomly pick a number for the flip. They picked 6 I think, so Waltrip went up front, Tony Stewart went to 6th.

Matt Kennseth was the winner, and definately had the strongest car the last 15 laps.

It was a whole lot of fun as usual, and if you have never been to a NASCAR race, its definately experience even if you aren't a racing fan.

Re: The Winston Pics - aka Nextel AllStar Challenge
#47354 06/01/04 03:32 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
thanks for sharing those pics. there seems to be more INDY(F1) fans around here than NASCAR. 'cept me.. i am all about some NASCAR. i went to the coca-cola 600 back in 1994 when i was stationed out at fort bragg. i actually got to go to several races when i was out there. richmond, rockingham, and my first race, the mountain dew southern 500 at darlington. that was on the harry gant farewell tour year..

i was sad for rockingham to see that NASCAR was pulling a race to move a second race to the texas track. its like a double edge sword.. i really like 'the rock', but its hard for NASCAR not to move a race that will guarantee 200,000 people. the rock has been having trouble selling out, and the texas track cant sell enough tickets. i havent been to a race at the texas track in a few years, so hopefully i can get to go to one next year.

hope you had a great weekend at the 600, and post more pics if ya got em.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#47355 06/01/04 10:38 PM
getoffb Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, the 600 was great. I don't particuarly like the 48 car, even though its sponsor signs my pay check as well(Lowe's), but it was without a doubt the strongest car all day. Johnson has that track dialed like nobodies business, if the race stayed green for all 400 laps, he would have won by at least a lap or two, thats how strong he was all night long.

But yeah, having the race at Rockingham move sucks, but what are you going to do. If they take Darlington as well, I shall not be too happy. My next race will be Bristol. Normally I get to a lot more during the summer but being in college and having to do this internship thing sucks hard. And I was talking to my dad earlier today and he said that he was selling the RV to some schmuck from Florida. Maybe we'll get a new one, maybe not. The past week in a half living in and out of that thing has been awesome. Hopefully we'll be doing it again soon.

You haven't experienced a race til you have livied in an RV for the week coming up to it.

And I'm glad theres another NASCAR fan around here. A hell of a lot more exciting to me than IRL or F1. But the best racing is still Saturday Night dirt track races back home or the shifter kart races I used to drive in.

#47356 06/02/04 09:19 PM
devotee
devotee
Great pictures! Thank you for sharing them.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044