flushmounting my axioms
#474 11/21/01 05:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will be constructing a wall in my HT room. The purpose being to build-in the TV and front 3 speakers. The final result would be a flat wall with a hole for the TV, and grills behind which would be the speakers.
My question is:
Would placing the axioms behind these grills (not standing out in the open ) greatly affect the sound? I assume that bass response would go up and they may become boomy. If this is not recommended then I may have to leave the speakers "outside" of the wall.

thanks
Axiom rules!

Re: flushmounting my axioms
#475 11/23/01 12:55 PM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
A lot of factors can come into play with a set up like what you are planning but there is no reason it cannot work well. I gather this is a false wall making what would essentially be another room behind it where all of the equipment would be? You will not necessarily have any problems with boominess in this design as the "equipment room" will probably end up being a fair size. The closer you can get the front panel of the speakers to be flush with your false wall the better. Perhaps removing the grilles on the speakers would help a bit. Where were you planning on putting the sub?

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 580 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup