Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: OT - Congratulations
#48521 06/09/04 09:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yeah...we've kinda gotten used to getting close and not making it at the end over the years. I still can't believe Fedotenko was scoring like that...he's either greatly benefitting from those around him (my initial thought) or he's just gotten a lot better since he left the Flyers(which I was starting to believe towards the end of the playoffs).

As far as the Philly fans...I won't deny that there are a large portion(mostly Eagles fans) that do end up drinking to much and causing problems at games...why else did they need a court with a real judge setup in the basement of stadium the past couple of years. In general though, the fans are great and there's a small group that give the rest a bad rep. The fans here love their teams and live and die(mostly die) with their teams. If a player gives a good effort and it obvious that they are trying their best, they'll be liked in this town. But if they are lazy, don't hustle, or just don't seem to care, they are going to get booed. Primeau is an example of ones of those guys that wasn't liked a couple of years back after he helped run Bill Barber out of town as coach. He has played hard since and given a great effort, and especially this year was just amazing in the playoffs...I can't remember such a great performance in a long time by a single player, and all has been forgotten. We cheer when you are trying and doing well, or for some players like Pat Burrell last year even when you aren't doing well but you're trying hard. It's the players that don't give the effort that get booed.

BTW...I know there is a big trip being organized of people going to Dallas for the MNF game this year.

#48522 06/09/04 09:49 PM
Ajax Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
Zarak, every city has it's rude, stupid sports fan, and, indeed, they get all the attention.

All the national media refers to, here in Cleveland, is the dog pound, and the crazies that dwell there. You never hear anything about the 60,000 well behaved fans.

I used to have seasons tickets about the 30 yard line, upper deck, and we never had one problem, even when fans from the opposing team were nearby (including Pittsburgh fans - take that Ray! ).

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#48523 06/09/04 10:15 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
i make it to at least 2-3 cowboys games a year. might be less this year with the new baby, but thats another thread.. anyway, being that dallas is 4-5 hours drive from here, it it impossible for me to make it to the MNF game and still try and get back to work the next day. i ended up not getting tix for that game, and gave them to my sis and brother-in-law.. so they will be there to watch the cowboys beat the eagles on monday night..

i plan on going to dallas for the lions game in october, and against the saints in dec. other than that, my only other choice is to see the giants, but i went to see them last year.. plus, i dont even wanna see eli manning cause i might just go nutso on his sorry a$$ and end up getting arrested.. so to avoid that possibility, i will just not go to that game.

i gotta stop talkin about football.. its way too early to start gettin my hopes up about it.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#48524 06/09/04 10:15 PM
shareholder in the making
In reply to:

Zarak, every city has it's rude, stupid sports fan, and, indeed, they get all the attention.

Tell me about it! I can't stand outspoken Raider's fans.

Head for the hills!

#48525 06/09/04 11:33 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
No need to get excited bigjohn. It's the Eagles year this year. The fans are setting themselves up for disappointment here I'll admit though. Talk radio was taking polls a couple weeks after the TO signing of whether the Eagles would go 16-0, 15-1, or 14-2.

My only concern is the corners. They both played last year, but looked good sometimes and bad others. The line will have to step it up.

I'm excited because I'm going to my first game at the Linc this year (the new stadium that opened last year for those not familar with the nickname). I'm going to Eagles vs. Carolina in October. Should be a good one! They should have a little more trouble shutting down our WR's this year with TO in the mix.

Are you ready for some football??!!!

Now I'm the one getting to excited. I guess there isn't much else sports wise to get excited for right now. The baseball season is too long and each game isn't meaningful enough to follow that on a daily basis. That doesn't start to pick up and get exciting until around the time football starts, and even then it's only exciting if your team is still in the race.

#48526 06/10/04 12:15 AM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
Jack, I'd suggest that while you didn't have any problems in Cleveland with the fans, you also didn't have any Super Bowl wins. Of course, the Brownies couldn't get any of those because the Steelers were scooping them up in bunches.

#48527 06/10/04 01:18 AM
Ajax Offline OP
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
I'm gonna be sick. If we're going into the ancient past, let's go back to the 1950's and compare records, including championships.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#48528 06/10/04 01:32 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ditto on the Raiders fans. Wussy poser scumbags.

#48529 06/10/04 02:34 AM
devotee
devotee
Phoey on the Steelers! Yuck!

If we manage to get eleven guys out of jail at the same time, Baltimore will win it again this year. You Eagles fans will be welcome to drive down here and take a look at the Lombardi any time you like.

Oh... And congrats to both Tampa Bay and Calgary that was a series to be proud of.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.
#48530 06/10/04 02:34 AM
You just used the evil apostrophe wrong! 40 lashes!

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters