Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: OT: Best Slogan?
#49763 06/28/04 02:10 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
It's Axiomatic - Purity, Fidelity, Passion = Musical Delight.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
#49764 06/28/04 02:11 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hope this isint copyright infirigements or something:

"Axiom Loudspeakers- Bring the music home"

#49765 06/28/04 02:13 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Gee, Haoleb, I think you snagged my line. Get your own, I want those M3s!

#49766 06/28/04 02:46 AM
devotee
devotee
"The award winning Smirnoff......neat"

"Harvey's..... long live the grill"

"I'm Lovin it"

"Obey your thirst"

"ING DIrect...Save your money"

ok......sleep now.......*groans* I hate mondays

- D

"Big John is my Idol...or is it that other way around? Let's ask Ray!"
#49767 06/28/04 03:55 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Kawi - "Let the Good Times Roll"

#49768 06/29/04 12:26 AM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
BigWill, Cananda is just east of Alakska, and just south of the Baltic Circle. Hope this hilpps.

#49769 06/29/04 08:44 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Thanaks for the geography lesoson!

#49770 06/29/04 04:01 PM
axiomite
axiomite
You guys need a LOT of help!

ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer.

ieSpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks text input boxes on a webpage. It should come in particularly handy for users who do a lot of web-based text entry (e.g. web mails, forums, blogs, diaries). Even if your web application already includes spell checking functionality, you might still want to install this utility because it is definitely much faster than a server-side solution. Plus you get to store and use your personal word list across all your applications, instead of maintaining separate ones on each application.

The program installs as a new button in the IE toolbar (as well as a new menu item under "Tools") - after filling in a form, just hit the ieSpell button and it pops up a dialog, similar to the MS Word spell check. ieSpell also works (right-click menu only) on other IE based browsers such as SlimBrowser, CrazyBrowser, MSN, MyIE, etc.

ieSpell is not spyware or adware. It's free for personal use only. All other use requires a commercial license.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#49771 06/29/04 05:56 PM
veteran
veteran
I think the best taglines capture the true positioning of a company, but of course in a catchy way, not something dry and clinical.
  • "Tastes great, less filling" was perfect in its day for Miller Lite, and it was nothing short of revolutionary when the beer came out, at a time when no self-respecting man would allow himself to touch a "diet" drink, let alone a diet beer. The idea of having jocks fight over the slogan made it all the better -- but only because the slogan perfectly fit the new marketing niche that Lite beer was going for.
A few more I like that fit their company's marketing strategy and positioning (at least at the time of deployment):
  • "Southwest Airlines - A Symbol of Freedom." A well-known variant used on their TV ads is, "You are now free to move about the country." In either use, this tagline perfectly captures Southwest's mission to make airline travel affordable for the masses.

• "Coke - The Real Thing." What could better capture a firm's positioning as the authentic first product in its category? This was also a nice return from the short-lived disaster of New Coke.

• "The Pepsi Generation." With all due respect to Coke, this tagline was sheer brilliance. Seeing no way to make a definitive inroad with people of my generation, who preferred "the real thing," Pepsi took a long-term marketing strategy of going after Generations X and Y. It has been paying off handsomely and will probably do so for years -- and it spawned Coke's defensive reaction of "C2" which will probably be another disaster along the lines of New Coke.

• "The Un-Cola." Again, what great positioning this was for 7-Up. It captured the axiom in marketing strategy that it is often best (and necessary) to zig when they zag if you have any prayer of distinguishing yourself in the market.

• "Ideas with Impact" is the tagline of the Harvard Business Review. While the HBR doesn't hold a candle to Lite beer for brand-name recognition, it is the gold standard for relevant business research within its specialized, highly paid niche audience, and this is a very good tagline that has stood the test of time.
Okay, in closing, what about B@se's controversial tagline:
  • "Better Sound Through Research." Is this good? One can't deny that it is effective, and not just for first-time buyers. I personally know two repeat buyers (older men with lots of expendable cash both of whom, I kid you not, have serious hearing problems) who have fallen for this slogan through several thousand dollars of expenditures on B@$* over several years. While the tagline is effective, however, I don't think it's good, in that it does not match the true positioning of the company, which could perhaps be better described as, "Puffery Through Marketing," or "Better Sound Through Pyscho-Acoustic Brainwashing."
Just my .02.

Birdman

"These go to eleven."
#49772 06/30/04 12:55 AM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
Ajax - stop picking on us. We spel gud.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc