Print Thread
Rate Thread
Converting analog wire to digital
#50912 06/29/04 12:56 AM
L
lost Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi, I am a newbie at this so I will try to explain the best I can..
Well...I want to convert analog? wire.

So I can plug It in to my audigy 2 sound card in my computer..(my comp speakers were getting fuzzy.. decided to use extra 5 speakers from my panasonic dvd player and speaker set got from costco.)

anyway to do this and achieve surround sound? currently I can only get these speakers to play is plug it in to the dvd player and 1 digital wire goes in my sound card instead of 5 so my audigy settings are for a 2 speaker system and not 5. sorry.. I don't know these things.. sorry for my poor audio vocab.
Sorry.. I meant to put pictures takin from my digital camera but theyre too big! Even when I try to resize them...suppose to be 1kb tops or soemthing? WEll, all help is appreciated.. thanks!

****I think I want to convert the copper wire to the headphone type wires if that helps.****

Re: Converting analog wire to digital
#50913 06/29/04 07:14 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll try to help anyway. I looked up the specs on your Audigy 2 soundcard and found that is has a S/PDIF digital output that will accept a coaxial cable. A coaxial cable has the common RCA-type connector at each end.

The problem I think you have is that your Panasonic home theater system doesn't have a digital input. I looked around for Panasonic Home Theater Systems sold at Costco and found the SC-HT700 model, which doesn't have a digital input.

I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters