For me its simple. It all comes down to best bang for the buck. There are definitely better & worse, cheaper & more expensive speakers out there. However, for the best balance between cost and sound, Axiom stands out from the crowd, and this is why Axiom has become so popular, not because they are the very best speakers in the world. With all the rave reviews and happy owners out there sharing their exicitment with their purchases its easy for others to develop unrealistic expectations and hence comments like these. We all know its easy to build the perfect speaker when cost is no object. Why wouldn't a speaker costing 2x's sound better? It bloody well should. The real artistry and accomplishment comes with building a great speaker at an affordable price. Another HUGE point to consider, that I think is often over looked, is the advent of multichannel formats. Traditionally we all compare speakers on a per speaker basis, which certainly makes sense, particularily for stereo, but with multichannel music/movie it becomes a question of the entire system and with Axiom it truly becomes a situation of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts. This is why Alan made this comment:

"In all cases, multichannel music reproduction with neutral speakers continues to deliver rewards in realism over esoteric, high-end 2-channel systems. " (look under louspeakers )

The question is price for price what is the best performer. For me without question Axiom fits the bill.

Jag