SutterCane, thank you for the beautifully written story. I share your outlook on life.

I am reminded of an episode of "Northern Exposure" in which Graham Greene portrayed a native Shaman searching for the "healing stories" of the euro-american culture. Of course, what people offered him were urban legend type things, which were neither helpful nor relevant.

But I have reflected repeatedly on that concept over the years. We do not think of these narrations of our life experiences as "healing stories", nor do we maintain a canon of them through oral or written history in the same way that other cultures might.

Yet, doesn't Sutter's story - OF Healing, OF Love, OF Hope, OF Kindness - have the capacity to "heal" people on an emotional and spiritual level, if not a biological one? Isn't it a good thing for us all to reflect on our blessings, and on our capacity to make the world happier, even if by small daily actions? Doesn't it have the potential to "heal" our relationships and our communities when we do so?

Blessings to your family, SutterCane. Thank you for being here with us.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem