Rate Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: A genuine Invitation to Joey.
#52274 07/18/04 03:38 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

Jack can chime in here, he witnessed the carnage first hand

Carnage? It was extreme cruelty. I have to chuckle when others talk about what "meanies" we are at this forum. It can get sarcastic here, and we are, at times harsher than I'd like, though often it's earned by the behavior of the victim. But, after witnessing what Craig endured at the HSU forum (and has since endured at other forums), what goes on here is a tea party.

Joey, as I said over at the spot, I'm sure you're a fine young man. But, from our point of view, you charged in here overturning furniture and breaking windows, and then were disappointed when we didn't applaud you for it. Go back and read your review thread. The first criticism you received was that some felt you "wanted" the Polks to win. In other words you had a bias and allowed that bias to influence your decision. Examples from your review were cited to support this contention. There was nothing nasty about any of it, but you immediately were angered and showed it.

You were also upset that someone criticized your grammar. The person that did that is a teacher, and he even put a smiley at the end of the criticism to show his good will. You chastised him for the criticism and corrected HIS punctuation. He responded "You're right about my punctuation - I do know better....I wasn't being critical of your choice of words to be mean - I actually was trying to help. Maybe in the future I'll send PMs....No offense intended on any front. Good luck with the Polks." How much more polite could he get? Yet, in several threads over at the SPot, you cite these things (among others) as being examples of your being "savaged" over here. Often after you explained you position, you would get a response like this from one of the members "Joey, I took your intent to be ill-natured mischief. If I had you wrong, then I apologize for my harsh reaction." But, you appear to selectively fail to remember those reactions. All that sticks in your mind is the insults.

I believe Craig is correct. You wanted to "punish" us, so you did it in the worst way. You ran over to the relative safety of the SPot and in three different threads, one of them in the Onix/Rocket forum of all things, you, and the 5 or 6 others who agree with you, proceeded to do exactly the same thing over there that you accuse us of doing over here.

Were you insulted here? Yes you were. But not about your review. You were insulted AFTER spamming the forum with a classified ad, and when criticized for it, responding with your own snappish posting. That doesn't justify you're getting snapped at in return, but it does explain it.

I have two pieces of advice (though I doubt you are interested in hearing them). One, if you intend to continue publicly comparing speakers, try to develop a thicker skin. No matter what you say or how you say it, SOMEBODY isn't going to like it and is going to tell you so. You can't please everybody. Two, try to couch your criticism of the "losing" speaker in terms that will not make owners of that particular speaker feel bad about owning them. Not easy, I know. Craig does it very well.

I echo Craig's words. Be at peace. Let it rest. Move on. Be happy. Enjoy the Polks. Good fortune.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#52275 07/18/04 06:38 PM
buff
buff
you guys (craig especially) tell me to be at peace with my polks and yet you create this HUGE thread and call me out? what am i missing here?

i am at peace. i dont need to prove to anyone (craig or anybody else) anything.

craig,
you have enough money, why not just buy a pair of lsi7 and conduct your own test? why do you even need me there? why even bother with my opinions, afterall, i know nearly zilch compared to you?

you got pm.

JOEY's PC Sound System: Polk LSi7 (x4, mains and rears) and SVS 25-31PC+ (sub)
#52276 07/18/04 07:29 PM
buff
buff
we should really end this thread... this thread does not add anything to the axiom forum.

#52277 07/18/04 08:11 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Craig can't just go out and buy any set of speakers he feels like comparing. It's also more fun to compare with others, especially those of differing opinions, to see what the other person likes and to both get to hear the speakers and make the comparisons. Craig would likely compare both and not like the Polks as much...but then what does that prove...not much. I've compared the Axiom's with someone that owns the Ascends and we both concluded that they are both good speakers with some difference in sounds...our preference for which one tended to depend on what we were listening to. There should be a thread in hear about it from a while back if you are interested.

#52278 07/18/04 08:50 PM
C
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
C
Zarak - I appreciate the reply... I could grab a pair of Polks and run some listening tests... When we do tests, they are always done blind, and results posted accordingly. For anyone interested, I bumped the quotes about the Axioms from Joey dating back to the original listening tests on the M-22's when they were the "best he had ever heard" ... You will find that he preferred them to the Rocket's because of the Rocket's laid back sound... then later posted how the Polks are CLOSE to the Rockets, and that they use the same Vifa Tweeter... and now the Sound of this speaker is SO clearly SUPERIOR to the Axioms...

Yet no blind tests were ever conducted....

The irony here is I actually like the Rocket sound myself, and posted that opinion here here, with the provisions I could easily understand someone preferring the Axioms... there were slight differences noted, again under that hard to get away from blind testing.

It is interesting that being called out infuriates Joey... I was asked to prove certain things about the first subwoofer shootout... and did so gladly... one of those things was proving I had the speakers here, another was posting the blind testing methodology before hand, along with the results for each subwoofer before revealing them... And I was not posting either subwoofer as being for sale until long after the review was done...

Joey, you think this was calling you out. Ok... You are entitled to that opinion. However, I DID offer to pay for a flight, provide the space and system, and did so in the spirit of making this into something fun.

The guys who frequent this place are pretty funny... and I take them as just being that...

#52279 07/18/04 08:53 PM
buff
buff
craig can easily buy and return the polks. im sure there are many dealers that have those in his area. craig buys speakers like nothing - he buys subs just to review them! a pair of lsi7 wont even scratch his budget.

i have nothing to prove.... so i dont exactly know what flying to his place would prove. im surprised some people actually have this much free time to do cross state listening tests.

i hate dragging the axiom people through this... i will try to make this my last reply.

#52280 07/18/04 09:01 PM
buff
buff
craig,

why dont you pm me and discuss your qualms with me instead of posting on the forum. i do not want to drag this thread on. pm me and lets deal with it that way.

#52281 07/18/04 09:12 PM
C
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
C
Joey, No, but Thanks for the offer.

#52282 07/18/04 10:05 PM
aficionado
aficionado
THE END............i hope

#52283 07/18/04 10:29 PM
C
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
C
I am done. This was an invitation to listen... not to debate. The invitation to the blind test was declined. We can move along to bigger things, like how I can quietly get a pair of 80's here for a review... Alan ... got any ideas ?

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters