Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: O/T Do you have a story with a neighbour from hell
#52355 07/14/04 04:05 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Wow, this really makes me appreciate the neighbours that I have!

I live on a court with 24, fully detached houses. We are close with about 6 couples, and know everyone but 2 or 3 out of the whole lot. Most are like us - Middle to late 30's with 2 to 3 kids under 7.

The 7 of us who are close, usually have 3 "BIG" parties per year - Canada Day, Halloween, and New years. Everyone brings food, alcohol, and activities for the kids. A great time is had by all.

We also have Mexican or Italian nights. This is where everyone brings a different food dish for that nights theme. We eat and drink too much, but it is SO good.

Plus, we are together countless other times throughout the year. Take tonight. We were just standing around shootin' the breeze, as the kids rode their bikes around the circle. It didn't take long before the first round of pints magically appeared.

This has to be the best neighbourhood I have ever lived in. Sorry for the hijack.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.
#52356 07/14/04 10:21 AM
aficionado
aficionado
i am the neighbor from hell

#52357 07/14/04 05:34 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
"Everyone brings food, alcohol, and activities for the kids."

I wish I was your kid, "Get me another beer and a steak taco, Dad."

Re: O/T Do you have a story with a neighbour from
#52358 07/14/04 07:10 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Ron (rcvecc)
I thought that dog looked familiar.

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
#52359 07/16/04 08:28 AM
regular
regular
How ‘bout my neighborhood drug-dealing pimps? One night, I was playing at Astronomy and gazing through my big binoculars. I was absorbed in the positions of Jupiter’s moons when I heard someone say, “Hey a**hole! You spyin’ on us or whut?”

I looked toward the voice and found three thugs pointing three guns at me. I tried to reason with them, but reason is lost on the ignorant. They finally decided I wasn’t going to cause trouble and left.

They were wrong. Let’s just say they left the area two days later.

Freedom is not free. Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.
#52360 07/19/04 12:24 PM
devotee
devotee
1. Downstairs neighbor's toddler would run around their apartment stomping as hard as he could. Luckily, this didn't last long.

2. Next door apartment was populated for some time by at least 5 or 6 gentlemen that appeared to be part of a Puerto Rican gang. We really didn't have any problems with them....except for when they apparently didn't pay their electrical bill and decided to light their apartment using candles. Didn't much care for the couple of months waiting for the building to burn to the ground.

3. Same apartment, but a new couple who were both bad drunks who would scream at each other every once and a while when things got bad. From what I could get through the wall , he apparently gave her a STD, which didn't go over well.

4. Now, happy in our new home, we have a loser next door neighbor that puts no effort into his yard. Two years ago, he put maybe $15K into a full yard over-haul, which look amazing. Two years later, all of the beds are over-run with weeds, many of which are well over 3 feet tall....what a total waste of money....Jackass.

Not as bad as some of those above, but these are my fun experiences.

#52361 07/21/04 07:06 AM
local
local
When I was a young lad I moved out of home and into a large apartment complex with a roomate. A woman moved in below us who must have had a son named Larry.

I know this because she would go out to her patio and scream his name over and over again....like she was calling him to come home. Apparently, this Larry guy was either deaf or very disobedient. Over a period of hours, she would go out to her patio once every ten minutes and scream "Laaarryyyy!!" like 30-40 times in succesion. This happend nearly every day.

At first, it was sort of funny. Then we became curious. Who is this Larry person? We had never seen him. He never came home when she yelled for him. Eventually, we made it a point when she began yelling to try and spot the infamous Larry....but he never materialized to our knowledge. We began to think she was insane or something.

Eventually we became fed up with the constant yelling so we decided to run her off by:

1. Urinating off the deck onto her patio whenever possible. Same went for anybody puking.
2. Scooping up dog turds and placing them on her door mat late at night. We did this one often.
3. Concocting fake puke by mixing regular food items, chewing them up, and spewing it along the concrete entrance to her apartment. We also did this in the parking lot where she parked...always making sure it was all over the ground on the drivers side. We used to watch sometimes as she would get into her car from the passenger side.
4. We used alot of "Larry tactics" as well. Once we had pizza delivered to her apt. and used the name Larry. We would read the classifieds and call people who were selling things until we got an answering machine and then left a message for them to call Larry (we got her phone number from a friend that worked in the apt office). We left crazy messages on her door addressed to Larry. On and on.....you get the idea.

After about 4 months, she finally moved out.

#52362 07/21/04 11:44 AM
aficionado
aficionado
i can only guess this story is told at many social events (beer bashes). sure am glad i was never your neighbor.
dan

#52363 07/21/04 11:54 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
KC Mike- in your story.. i am having a hard time trying to figure out which one of you was the 'neighbor from hell'??

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#52364 07/21/04 05:04 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
bigjohn, my sentiments exactly.

KC, did you try talking to the woman first???

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters