Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: O/T Do you have a story with a neighbour from hell
#52365 07/21/04 06:19 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yeah - I think he put one in the very first flaming bag of crap that he left on her doorstep. I'm sure that after she didn't respond to his note, he gave up on writing notes...

KC - you should feel terrible, by the way. I'm surprised YOU didnt get kicked out for creating a public nuisance and constructively evicting her.

Anyway - not that I really want to judge, as I'm sure we've all done "shitty" things to our neighbors - but I think you got lucky you didnt' end up in any trouble.

#52366 07/21/04 08:17 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
What do you think the statute of limitations is on that sort of crime?

#52367 07/21/04 10:56 PM
shareholder in the making
speaking of doing "shitty" things to your neighbors, as a kid I used to fling my dog's turds over the fence (using a pooper-scooper, of course) when I was too lazy to bag them properly. The secret to not getting caught was in the distribution pattern -- not putting too many in one area of the yard. The fact that the yard was not well maintained helped, too.

pmbuko #52368 01/29/07 03:43 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Time to resurrect this thread.

Moved a year ago September, and I lucked out again. We have fantastic neighbours to our right, and everyone else within a 7 house radius are great as well.

There is one idiot further down who insists on doing "fish-tails" whenever there is snow on the ground. (Coming or going) Last week, he just about lost it into a parked minivan. I was chomping at the bit just hoping he was gonna hit it, but no such luck.

The demographic here is late 30's to early 50's, so it's not like he just got his license and it's a novelty or anything. Just grow up, eh.

Shawn

Epic 80/600 + M3's + M3 Algonquins + M2 Computer + EP125
I think I'm developing an addiction.
Re: O/T Do you have a story with a neighbour from
real80sman #52369 01/29/07 10:42 AM
L
connoisseur
connoisseur
L
Back in the early 90s we bought this house, see. The neigbors to the south of us lived in this old house with a cracked chimney. The darn thing makes you think of the House of Usher. The elderly gentleman who was selling to us, told me that these neighbors to the south were eccentric. I soon learned that they were Wiccans. The daughter of this elderly couple informed us that the whole family were of Wiccan persuasion, and that the house was haunted and that she played with the ghosts as a child. About 2-3 years ago the Harley riding elderly Wiccan couple moved out to live with their children near a local town. Mrs. Wiccan told the wife that they were going to exorcise the ghosts from the house before they moved out so they could sell it to somebody. That was like 2 years ago and the house is still sitting there without new residents. I wonder if it is the cracked chimney, the aged roof which needs shingling badly, or the unexorcised ghosts which reside within which is keeping prospective buyers from jumping on this prime piece of real estate.

real80sman #52370 01/29/07 06:33 PM
HAY Offline
aficionado
aficionado
Quote:

....There is one idiot further down who insists on doing "fish-tails" whenever there is snow on the ground....

...demographic here is late 30's to early 50's, so it's not like he just got his license and it's a novelty or anything. Just grow up, eh.

I don’t condone doing that on busy streets or where parked cars our kids are… but I’m also 31 and love to do this when it snows. I remember growing up as a kid my dad doing it for kicks when we were in the car. I’m sure he still does it too.

It’s also a great defensive driving skill for if you end up in a slide But alas, there’s a time and place to play.

High Gloss Cherry
M60 VP150 QS8
Open for Auditions but please don't drool on the High Gloss
HAY #52371 01/29/07 09:10 PM
C
devotee
devotee
C
Our old neighbour used to park on the street and run an extension cord out to her car in winter to plug in the block heater. If anybody parked in the public street in front of her house, she would go tell them to move as it is "her spot"

The story that really pushed us over the edge is her cat used to climb on our window and taunt our cat and scratch at the window. It wrecked 3 screens and all my neighbour said was..." I cant stop it, so just send me the bill for repairs"

That is when I installed a metal screen on the window myself and got an electric fence control and connected it to the metal screen. I'm sure that cat got a jolt the first time it touched it . A couple months later it got hit by a car and I disconnected the device. It sucked, but thats Karma I guess.

ctown #52372 01/30/07 12:14 AM
J
J
When I was a teen we lived next door to an older gentlemen and he was quite set in his ways. I had a 67 Comet that you could see the road as you drove when you looked down at the floor, fenders nearly rusted off etc. and he would always ask me to not park in front of his house, so his kids would have some place to park when they came over, funny thing is I never saw anybody else ever go to his house and he had a driveway for parking.

I loved that car, eventually put in new floorpans and fixed up some of the other bad spots before selling it.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
Re: O/T Do you have a story with a neighbour from
KC_Mike #52373 02/01/07 09:54 PM
veteran
veteran
Quote:

When I was a young lad I moved out of home and into a large apartment complex with a roomate. A woman moved in below us who must have had a son named Larry.
<br>
<br>I know this because she would go out to her patio and scream his name over and over again....like she was calling him to come home. Apparently, this Larry guy was either deaf or very disobedient. Over a period of hours, she would go out to her patio once every ten minutes and scream "Laaarryyyy!!" like 30-40 times in succesion. This happend nearly every day.
<br>
<br>At first, it was sort of funny. Then we became curious. Who is this Larry person? We had never seen him. He never came home when she yelled for him. Eventually, we made it a point when she began yelling to try and spot the infamous Larry....but he never materialized to our knowledge. We began to think she was insane or something.
<br>
<br>Eventually we became fed up with the constant yelling so we decided to run her off by:
<br>
<br>1. Urinating off the deck onto her patio whenever possible. Same went for anybody puking.
<br>2. Scooping up dog turds and placing them on her door mat late at night. We did this one often.
<br>3. Concocting fake puke by mixing regular food items, chewing them up, and spewing it along the concrete entrance to her apartment. We also did this in the parking lot where she parked...always making sure it was all over the ground on the drivers side. We used to watch sometimes as she would get into her car from the passenger side.
<br>4. We used alot of "Larry tactics" as well. Once we had pizza delivered to her apt. and used the name Larry. We would read the classifieds and call people who were selling things until we got an answering machine and then left a message for them to call Larry (we got her phone number from a friend that worked in the apt office). We left crazy messages on her door addressed to Larry. On and on.....you get the idea.
<br>
<br>After about 4 months, she finally moved out.

Yes indeed, it's really cool to pick on people like that - especially if they have mental health issues. I'm sure it helps them make their way through an already difficult life.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters