Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 172 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 171 172
Re: Arrest of Osman Bakhash from the Media Office of H
#52949 08/14/04 01:24 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yes, Abduabdallah, very merciful, very righteous good deeds. Nigeria is struggling with what amounts to a civil war between those who insist on imposing Sharia law on non-Muslims, in Nigerian state civil society. As reported in "This Day," a Lagos newspaper:

Sharia: 6 Await Amputation
This Day (Lagos)

August 12, 2004

Agaju Madugba
Kaduna, Kaduna

Six persons are awaiting amputation of their hands in Zaria, having been convicted by an upper sharia court in Tudun Wada, Zaria, Kaduna State.

President of Civil Rights Congress (CRC), Malam Shehu Sanni, who disclosed this in Kaduna yesterday said the convicts had been detained at the Zaria Prisons for one year, after conviction.

According to Sanni, "the convicts were tried and sentenced in one day.

"The convicts revealed that they were not given the right and opportunity to engage the services of legal counsels and were deceived by the prosecution counsel to plead guilty so as to be gven reprieve.

"They have for over one year, remained in Zaria Prisons, a period long enough for them to have served prison terms.

"In a country with glaring evidence of persuasive corruption and impunity at all tiers of government, it is morally unjustifiable to amputate the hands of these impoverished people for petty theft, in the name of puritanism.

"We challenge state governments implementing sharia legal code, especially in the north, to come out with purposeful and meaningful projects and policies that will free our people from abject poverty and misery, Sharia law is not practicable or enforceable in a society deeply stagnated in shackles of penury and soulless poverty," he said.

Sanni said the CRC and other civil society groups in the north were set to challenge the judgment of the upper sharia court.

As he puts it, "we will not in any way condone violation of fundamental and constitutional rights of citizens or the sanctioning of the poor through repressive kangaroo trials which negate the basic principles and ethics of fairness, objectivity and justice."

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
Re: that crackpot guy
#52950 08/14/04 03:45 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Don't get your feathers too ruffled 2x6, I think they're right about that guy. I spent about 15 minutes looking at his links and trying to figure out what the hell he wanted to say. I determined he must be the leader of ringmir's cell, sending him some encoded operational instructions.

Re: that crackpot guy
#52951 08/14/04 03:48 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Great.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
Re: OT: politics
#52952 08/14/04 08:44 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Speaking of funny, I bring you this little music video.

(.mp4 file format, requires QuickTime 6)

#52953 08/14/04 12:11 PM
devotee
devotee
These guys are really starting to piss me off. Blow up buildings, fine. Shoot at our soldiers, fine. Start messing with out HT forums, and I'm gonna have to get my butt on a plane and head off to the middle east. I'll just have to take care of these radical Islamic fellows all by myself. They haven't had to deal with a pissed off speaker forum member yet. Their days are numbered. If they don't watch themselves, I may just wait until the little lady's "time" is here and send her over there. They really don't want to have to deal with a pissed off speaker forum member's girlfriend when she has PMS.

BTW - You terrorist types fight like 1 armed, 5 year old girls. Come on out and fight like men. Does "Jihad" mean fight like a wimp? We'll fight you head on, whenever, wherever you want. I'm not even in the military, and I'll rumble. Hear me now Abdul, it's not IF we are going to hunt you down and kill you guys, it's WHEN and HOW are we going to do it. 911 was IT. That is the biggest one you wll EVER get away with. Do something bigger, and we'll be able to use your back yard to bottle beer. Bring it on assholes. We've had it with you guys.

M- M60s/VP150/QS8s/SVS PC-Ultra/HK630 Sit down. Shut up. Listen.
#52954 08/15/04 05:18 AM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
Michael A ... Amen Brother !

#52955 08/15/04 05:58 AM
aficionado
aficionado
"These guys are really starting to piss me off. Blow up buildings, fine. Shoot at our soldiers, fine. Start messing with out HT forums, and I'm gonna have to get my butt on a plane and head off to the middle east. I'll just have to take care of these radical Islamic fellows all by myself. They haven't had to deal with a pissed off speaker forum member yet. Their days are numbered. If they don't watch themselves, I may just wait until the little lady's "time" is here and send her over there. They really don't want to have to deal with a pissed off speaker forum member's girlfriend when she has PMS.

BTW - You terrorist types fight like 1 armed, 5 year old girls. Come on out and fight like men. Does "Jihad" mean fight like a wimp? We'll fight you head on, whenever, wherever you want. I'm not even in the military, and I'll rumble. Hear me now Abdul, it's not IF we are going to hunt you down and kill you guys, it's WHEN and HOW are we going to do it. 911 was IT. That is the biggest one you wll EVER get away with. Do something bigger, and we'll be able to use your back yard to bottle beer. Bring it on assholes. We've had it with you guys. "

M-

Alright Michael!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the good ol' american spirit we love to see, hear, and feel. Damn I'm proud of ya buddy! lol

I was in the military at one point in time, we'll talk about that some time. I've got some stories to share believe me.

I'll defiantly have to second what CraigSub said, Amen brother, Amen!

Sutter Cane

#52956 08/16/04 03:38 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I am by no means supporting what the enemy is doing over there, but of course they aren't fighting us head on...would you want to if you were outmanned and outarmed? We didn't fight the British head on during the revolutionary war either...we would have been slaughtered.

The rest of it, I agree with though...enough is enough. Let's hunt them down and finish em off!

#52957 08/16/04 04:52 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
OK, back on track...

...some good ol truth about Johnny

www.scaryjohnkerry.com/vietnam.htm

#52958 08/16/04 07:05 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Boy, what a marvelously unbiased, clear and rational ad that is, not at all stooping to cheap insinuations or petty jabs.

I'm really sick of these types of political slander ads - it doesn't matter what side they come from.

Page 35 of 172 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 171 172

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters