Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 172 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 171 172
Re: Just because I'm a warmonger
#53349 09/08/04 08:41 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Ooh...goody. Let's get this thread talking about Politics AND Religion.

Surprise, surprise though...I'm with you on this one Peter. One of the many reasons I'm an athiest.

#53350 09/08/04 08:52 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

Let's get this thread talking about Politics AND Religion

for heavens sakes, NO!!

its been hard enough trying to keep up with just politics.. dont throw me in another monkey wrench!!

i just saw where some anti-bush book is supposed to be coming out this week. apparently, it is a sort of 'tell-all' about the whole bush clan. lord knows what all it talks about, but i am sure chris matthews and the rest will give me all the highlights.

i wonder if its a complete coincedence the book is coming out 8 weeks before the election.. ? HHHMMMM.. let me think about that one...

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#53351 09/08/04 09:10 PM
devotee
devotee
The Democrats have been pissing and moaning about this swiftboat thing and calling for the President to denounce their actions....the actions of a group not directly related to the President's campaign. Now, today we have Terry McAuliffe who heads the DNC doing the same thing trying to call out the President on his Vietnam record. This is complete hypocracy. Instead of an independantly funded group, you now have the DNC directly slinging the same mud. Oh, "let's make this about the issues".....riiiiight. What are the chances that Kerry publicly condems his statements?....or salutes his service in the National Guard?....Let's see how quickly the media jumps on them for this double-standard....not holding my breath.

You have the Boston Globe suing to get Bush's records released and the Left is cheering them on, trying to keep the drual off of their shirts. Now, should another media outlet have the nuts to do the same thing with Kerry's records and watch the wrath both from the Democrats and the media alike.

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly mind what the Globe is doing. It's their right and those records should be public. The problem is in the media and polical double-standard here. Both candidates should be subjected to the same level of scrutiny. Otherwise, you simply further clarify the bias.

#53352 09/08/04 09:15 PM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
PM, You have two groups... Group one is 100 school children. Group two is 20 terrorists holding guns, pointed at the children. Is there any doubt about which group I want eliminated ?

Yes, I will pray for the terrorists. No, I don't expect they will change.

#53353 09/08/04 09:18 PM
devotee
devotee
And now you have this issue of drug use coming up. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be discussed, but how much are you going to hear from the media about how much pot Kerry probably smoked while marching on Washington?....you won't....and how is this pertinant to the majors issues of today?

This presidential election is deteriorating daily...It's discouraging. It's like watching Jerry Springer, but without the toothless wonders and inbred kissing-cousins.

#53354 09/08/04 09:27 PM
devotee
devotee
...and how about this book that's out now:Treachery.. (read the summary - it was posted on Drudge yesterday)
This is the kind of crap that keeps me up at night. Kerry wants to go over and sit in the lap and hug the major EU members when we more and more find that they are the ones funneling the weapons to these lunatics.

Man, I'm getting myself all wired up....I'm outta here...gonna go home and look into my daughters eyes and try to forget for a second how screwed up our world is.

#53355 09/08/04 11:17 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
It is curious that we atheists seem to be more threatened by the Christian conservatives here in the US than we are the Muslim conservatives abroad. Those guys make our religous right look like Jane Fonda, Kerry, et al, in comparison. What is the worst that Falwell and the ilk would do? Certainly not fly planes into buildings, certainly not shoot children in the back as they're running for their parents' arms, not shoot mortars from 1000 year old holy sites, etc...

Putin has made some very clear, powerful, concise, unpoliticized statements regarding the terrorists. (He is far too blunt to be successful in our touchy-feely political landscape ). Do you think the Russians' resolve will get reasoned away by their pacifists? I'm thinking not, based on the crowds in Red Square and the Russian people's history of suffering and endurance. Compared to the millions upon millions of Russians lost in WWII, the utter devestation from the scorched earth strategy and siege warfare, the casualties from a global war on terror will probably not even dent their national psyche until long after the terrorists have been crushed.

I'm hoping for major policy swings in their dealings with Arab nations, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

#53356 09/08/04 11:55 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
In reply to:

Is there any doubt about which group I want eliminated?

Ok, this is the last religious thing I will say (I promise):

WWJD?

#53357 09/09/04 12:38 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Get crucified?

#53358 09/09/04 12:38 AM
C
connoisseur
connoisseur
C
I am pretty sure he would agree... Innocent life is to be protected. Heck, I think even athiests think that... By the way, I am not religious... I see to much BS at most churches... but that is going WAY off topic... Suffice it to say this, when I am at a church, and something from the actual Bible is discussed, I am almost shocked....

One of my closest friends is gay... needless to say, we have some REALLY interesting conversations. Politics, religion, football... Anyway, I get my fill of "religious" people... when they judge him.

Page 75 of 172 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 171 172

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters