Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 99 of 172 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 171 172
Re: Holy crap
#53589 09/21/04 07:50 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
PMB, I agree with you on every count!!

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
#53590 09/21/04 10:57 PM
shareholder in the making
I feel better now.

Here's something I think you'll find interesting:

On clerics, fatwas, and terrorism

And here's a Canadian journalist's account of his 5 days as a hostage in Iraq:

Five Days in Hell

Last edited by pmbuko; 09/21/04 11:03 PM.
#53591 09/21/04 11:07 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
2 Americans beheaded by Islamic Jihadists over past 2 days. Rest in peace Jack Hensley and Jack Armstrong.

Where is the outrage from Islamic clerics? Where is the fatwah against the murderers who committed these gruesome crimes? Where is the gnashing of teeth, and sense of humiliation for these crimes? Instead, Al Jizera is trumpeting these disgusting acts. Another triumph for Islamic Jihadists.

The announcement: "The nation's zealous children slaughtered the second American hostage ... after the end of the deadline," said the statement, posted under the pseudonym Abu Maysara al-Iraqi, who has posted past statements in the group's name.
The statement said video of the killing would be posted "soon."

Muslim religious institutions, media outlets, pundits, leaders, educational institutions must unequivocally renounce this culture of murder instead of celebrating it.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.
OT: Politics
#53592 09/22/04 07:11 PM
ringmir Offline OP
aficionado
OP Offline
aficionado
Hey all, can we leave the title of this as "OT: politics" and not change it around? This way anyone using another view will clearly be able to tell a certain post is in the politics thread. The other option of course it to just end this thread, and not let politics hijack every other thread...

[black]-"The further we go and older we grow, the more we know, the less we show."[/black]
Re: OT: Politics
#53593 09/22/04 09:59 PM
I do think this thread has run its course. While it has been enervating at times, I mostly found it educational and enlightening.

If we are going to agree to stop posting to it, I think we should also take the extra step and ask Amie to remove it permanently.

What say you all?

I'm rather looking forward to judging by their opinions on break-in and amplifier differences rather than their political beliefs.

Last edited by pmbuko; 09/22/04 10:01 PM.
#53594 09/22/04 10:41 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Why stop now...we are about to hit 100 pages in the thread list!

And why remove it....I've found it to be one of the more enjoyable threads to follow on here (I can only read so many of the which speaker should I get threads)

#53595 09/22/04 11:01 PM
100 pages? Mine just spilled over onto page 50, but I've upped the number of posts per page to 20.

Perhaps we should be "democratic" and set up a poll and have people vote on whether the thread should remain?

#53596 09/22/04 11:18 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
pmb, I hope this thread is not deleted. Reading about wires and break-in can only be interesting for so long. And my zeal for recommending Axioms to newbies seems to come and go (they are great speakers - I love mine).

I just got around to the link you had posted earlier about fatwas and such. That was an extremely interesting page of info. I don't know how credible the opinions are, but it is very good reading. I especially liked:

***Wednesday, September 01, 2004
Open message to the 'Iraqi resistance'
Mohammed Bashar Al-Faidhy, spokesman of the Association of Muslim Scholars, addressed the 'Iraqi resistance' in an open message at a press conference broadcast by the Arab satellite channels yesterday. He stressed the point that this was the first time for the association to openly address the 'resistance'.

He started by reiterating the association's stand of supporting armed resistance against occupation forces. He said it is a legitimate right for any occupied people according to divine laws. He added that the association welcomes the peace talks between the Iraqi government and local leaders in Fallujah, Ramadi and Sammara BUT that does not imply recognition for the Iraqi interim government, and as long as the negotiations do not provide cover for the foreign presence in Iraq they have the association's blessings.

He then proceeded to the message, excerpts below:

"To our brothers in the Islamic Army of Iraq. We wish to inform you that we totally understand the extreme rage that is boiling in your hearts regarding the French decision to ban the Hijab in their schools, and we share you your dissapointment. We officially condemned the French decision at the time... However, killing the two hostages without considering the grave consequences of such an act would be harmful to our cause and would isolate us from our international support... Our goal is to besiege the Americans politically in every spot of the world and this act is not serving that goal... You can see how the agents of the occupation are already using this incident against us... It is our duty as scholars to point out to our brothers what is wrong and what is right... France as an anti-occupation country has been helpful to our cause... You might say that the French stance is not an altruistic one and that they have their own political interests that caused them to disagree with the Americans, and I am not going to say that is not true but it is also our goal to turn them against each other to serve our cause so France has a strategic importance for us... Killing the two hostages is also not helpful to the 6 million Muslims in France... I beseech you to reconsider this and to release the two hostages and to promise us not to commit any act that would harm our cause in the future... We also hope that this development would permit the French government to reconsider their decision to ban the Hijab... When we become a free country Inshallah we will pursue this goal by diplomatic means."

Basically, he is saying: My dear children, it is true that they are infidels, but we should turn the infidels against each other whenever we have the opportunity. Do not kill these two infidels, maybe another time when no one is looking.***

OT: Politics
#53597 09/23/04 12:55 AM
BigWill, please remember to set the post topics to OT: Politics when you reply, for chesseroo's sake.

Re: OT: Politics courtesy
#53598 09/23/04 12:56 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Your courtesy is generously appreciated Peter.

I abhor the thought that i had to post anything to this thread, so OT it is!
Where's my NHL!!!!

Last edited by chesseroo; 09/23/04 01:12 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."
Page 99 of 172 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 171 172

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020