Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: HEY Ian - Axiom M80Ti vs. Swan Diva 6.1 ?
#557 01/11/02 05:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"
$1300 dollar for chinese speakers? Uh-NO. They are just cheap wharfedales gussied up with "fine" veneers. U go to that U auction site, and save
yourself hundreds.

Or better YET, buy some real speakers--- Axioms, and KNOW that you are buying QUALITY Canadian speakers from a company who cares about it's
customers (I DO own Axioms), instead of some cheap Chinese crap. Ian, you are a patient person....:)"

Wow. This post really reeks of ignorance. The poster may know Axioms but he definitly knows diddly about the Divas. I just replaced some B&Ws with the 6.1s and here's what I found:
Construction quality - Similar, though the Divas win on this one (Divas-9, B&W-8)
Finish - The 6.1s are beautiful. Divas-10, B&W-7
Sound - Major step up (B&Ws were older models - Matrix 2) Divas-9 B&W-7
Customer Service - I give the Divas a 10. www.AV123.com will lean over backwards for you. You get a 30 day no questions money back guarantee, 90 day warranty (fill out the warranty card and it's 3 years).

Warning - A complete 5.1 setup can get expensive to ship. AV123 overpacks their speakers like crazy; outside box, styrofoam, inside box, styofoam, custom fit soft cloth bag. It's way beyond anything I've ever seen in electronics (short of a wooden crate).

#558 01/11/02 06:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do not know what you are talking about. First the new Warfdales are getting good reviews, second the Warfdales are similar looking but that is it. The Diva Tweeter is German and the Bass drivers are metal. The Diva Mid-range is a kevlar impregnated paper. The Warfdales have Woven Kevlar mid/bass. Even just Looking at pictures I don't know how they could be mistaken to be the same. It would be far easier to mistake the Warfdales for B&W's which they both look like.

I've seen the quality of construction in the Diva's which is unseen in their price bracket and the sound is wonderfull. Of course everyone has their tastes and that is why there is not just one speaker company.

Before you trash a company for having stuff manufactured in China you should know what they are made of etc. There are a number of American and Canadian companies doing manufacturing and assembly in China. It is much cheaper and hence you do get much more bang for the buck.

#559 01/11/02 07:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, watch this. I can do it too!

"Diva speakers are horrible. How do I know? I'm not really sure. I've never heard them, but I really like Axiom and Diva is made in China so they sound horrible. Plus, I work for Axiom, and just know that my speakers are better."

Try starting a real thread on a real forum ladies. You all really sound like rocket scientists---really. I'm so impressed by your technical knowledge and objective comments:

Or better YET, buy some real speakers--- Axioms, and KNOW that you are buying QUALITY Canadian speakers from a company who cares about it's customers (I DO own Axioms), instead of some cheap Chinese crap. Ian, you are a patient person....:)

I don't need to see or hear the Diva's. All I have to do is read the comments from Ian Masters, Audioreview(CONSUMERS reviewing-swan products nowhere to be seen), SOundstage's M22 review, and my reflect on my own experience with the M22.

identical drivers to wharfedales- compare them if you must

I am more than happy to judge a product without object knowledge

For the price/performance ratio, Axioms are clearly the better choice

It's repressive, and I would rather not support any of it with my hard earned money

Looks like Axiom drudged the bottom barrel to find a few real gems to support their speakers. I mean seriously, come on, you can't tell me that you actually have money to spend on speakers? With absolutely no IQ, how do you make it? You people have ME thinking that the communist gov't may be the way to go.

#560 01/11/02 08:46 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I must agree.....let us not start bashing products because of country of origin, style or design, or even price for that matter.

Another good point raised is the use of magazine reviews as your only reason for comments....or worse yet, as the sole reason for purchasing a product. If you can, you really should listen to a product. This might prove difficult, but it is the best method. Some mag's never say anything bad about a product(Stereophile) and some are the opposite, honest but they alienate the vendor/distributor and they never see another product to review(UHF)

Sorry to ramble....

BBIBH

#561 01/11/02 10:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did compare them (in my house) and have posted my thoughts to this subject. I'm the one out $348 shipping to send back the inferior product (Diva's). I also I'm the one that started the whole thread to begin with. Try to find other peoples thoughts about the two products. I do believe the ONLY way to know for sure is to "in home test" side by side the fronts, centers, rears. What I'm trying to tell people in the "marketing is a little miss leading". Companies make it sound like if you don't like it just send it back and we'll refund your money! They should state minus shipping cost both ways and your looking at about 15%-20% of your total cash output! That is the SAME as charging a RESTOCKING fee!

I will say AGAIN head to head the Axioms out performed the Divas period...........................................................................

#562 01/11/02 11:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the dumbest thread I have ever read!!!!

#563 01/11/02 11:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every time I've seen the Diva's mentioned on the forums, everyone is fully aware of the fact that the shipping cost is your only risk.

What the hell do you want them to do? How is a company supposed to cover return shipping costs on a product weighing hundreds of pounds?

So let me get this straight, when you returned your Diva's, you expected them to (1) lose money on the speakers by turning around and selling them as B-Stock and (2) lose money on the shipping back to their warehouse?

Since it appears you have absolutely no business background AT ALL, let me explain something to you: this is a good way to LOSE money. Of course, Axiom will pay the return shipping, won't they? No? Bastards!!

You weighed the risks purchasing the Diva's just like everyone else on this and other forums did. You don't see them bitching about it. Both companies offer excellent speakers for the money. If you had to send back the Axioms, would you rip them apart too?

#564 01/12/02 12:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I have a BS in Business Adminstration. And had 12 years in sales of an array of different products. Now I manage a oncology dept. of a hospital. And to inlighten you most industries that I have worked with incurr all different types of costs. From paying for return shipping to picking up product direct. Going on site and trouble shooting problems, buying off clients with tickets, dinners, golf outing, etc..... So ( I ) failed to ask the direct question "what will MY costs be"? I have learned so much from your vast wisdom...Thank YOU!

#565 01/12/02 02:23 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
You seem to expect a lot from ANY company that is marketing a low margin product. As the other post states, would Ian be wrong in expecting you to pay for shipping if you did not care for his product and wanted to return them? He would not be in business long if everything was on his tab. You seem to have great qualifications and little practical, real world business sense.

...and it is "enlighten" not as you have entered.

BBIBH

#566 01/12/02 02:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The mark up is built into the sale price. PERIOD! Their has to be a margin built in. Or he would be living out of his car. If their wasn't a margin to "protect" against the "what if's". You seem to be the one needing to understand how business is done in the real world....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters