Bugzyseg:

LOL, you crack me up man. That's probably the truth though! lol

She can have her own account and take her soap holders out of that. lol

Leaving my account free for my toys. lol

Re: It's Done & I'm A Dead Man Walking.
#56474 08/04/04 09:45 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Josh, I wish I had a better sub to compare the two, but so far that's not been possible. There are times when I think the Sub is doing a fine job with music (Alison Krauss SACD) and times when I have to turn it down because it's boomy (Jack Johnson- his 2nd CD is recorded better than his first quality wise).
I have tried various things (calibration, moving, adjusting phase, etc) and I have to tinker with the volume whenever I listen to music.
With HT it does a great job and if I were setting up something for my parents I'd go with this sub in a second. I'm not sure of the dimensions of my apartment, but it's a small studio so volume is not an issue with this sub. My concerns (not even real complaints) is that it is sometimes boomy and sounds 'slow'.

Having said all that, I won't be upgrading my sub until or unless I move into a bigger place. I think I got a great deal for my money. When I bought mine I paid $105.00 total (including shipping).
Perhaps it's subwoofer ignorance on my part (have just not auditioned many), but I don't know if the difference between what I have and an SVS or HSU would be that great, especially in a small space where I am already getting the dbs I want/need. If anyone feels strongly in opposition of my sentiments, that's great. Please don't flame me!

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens
Re: It's Done & I'm A Dead Man Walking.
#56475 08/04/04 09:55 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
naw, james.. i think what you are saying is the essence of HT. you are comfortable(somewhat) with what you have, you got it for a great price, and it suits your 'current' needs. i would be willing to say that the difference between what you have and an SVS or HSU would be great, but the bottom line is, you cant use nor do you need a big end sub like that at this time.

i am in the same boat.. my vega aint perfect, but it gets the job done. in a few years, i will look to improve with an SVS, but for now, i am OK.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082