Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23
Re: Streem Speakers
#57794 08/20/04 02:08 PM
aficionado
aficionado
MarkB,

I have had two auditions since I recieved my Axioms. In both situations, both auditionees (Is that a real word? ) purchased Axioms after hearing mine. I do not credit that to my being the suave and debonair host, but to the sound quality of the Axioms.

If you are able to find someone to audition their Axioms for you, take them up on it. I am sure that whomever would not mind "giving you the reins" and "letting you drive" so you can listen to them at the level you are used to...It does not cost you anything and may help you in your speaker quest.

Just my .02,

WhatFurrer

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."
Re: Streem Speakers
#57795 08/20/04 03:51 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I too have had a couple of people drop by to listen to the Axioms (perfect strangers from the boards). Both guys are really nice and we had a great, relaxed time doing it. In both instances, I let the auditioner take the reigns and play what he wanted to hear at teh volume etc that he wanted to. I enjoyed the experience, because, while I love my M60s, it is a rarity when I have the time to sit down and critically listen to them...

(With the Olympics on and work picking up, I haven't even had a chance to watch a movie on the new set-up - three week later...it's really a shame. I figure after the Olymipcs are over, I can dive into the stack of new, but never viewed DVDs that have begun piling up since life got busy.)

Anyway, the point is - don't be shy - you'll never get ahead that way. And remember, the guy offering the audition did just that - he OFFERED the audition. You won't be imposing or getting in his way. He'll probably be jazzed to hear your comments about hsi system and set-up, and he's likely to be excited about sharing his hobby with someone new.

Re: Streem Search
#57796 08/20/04 07:10 PM
M
MarkB Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
M
Thanks for the info. I've heard some good things about Athena's. But a reviewer who's heard both said the Streem's sounded better - for less! I think your friend missed out on a bargain.

I'm sure he'll be happy with his Axiom upgrade if he can swing it, though.

Re: Audition
#57797 08/20/04 07:12 PM
M
MarkB Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
M
Thanks for the offer. But, no, I live in Cincinnati.

Re: Audition II
#57798 08/20/04 07:18 PM
M
MarkB Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
M
O.K.! O.K.! If you live in the Cincinnati area, I'll listen to your damn speakers!!

No, really, I will.

Re: Audition II
#57799 08/20/04 07:19 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
LOL! Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Your desires are irrelevant.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#57800 08/20/04 07:49 PM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
It seems to me you are looking for someone here to legitimize your decision to buy the Streem speakers.Well go for it,you have been asked to see if someone is in your area has Axiom to audition but you say that would be uncomfortable for you.Another person says his friend instead of Streem bought Athena and you seem to say he missed out by not going with Streem instead.It seems to me you have already made your mind up and you want someone here to tell you that you are making the right decision,well I can't say you are or you are not,but hey give them a try and see if you do indeed like them.One thing I would be concerned with is there is no phone number to talk to an actual person.I doubt if the level of customer service would anything close to that of Axiom.Good luck with whatever speaker you decide on.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#57801 08/20/04 08:08 PM
devotee
devotee
Wid, good reply. I was thinking the same thing you were after reading all the "But Stream..." Once I read about Stream I too took a look at their site. They seem like they have poured a lot of $$ into their site to make it pretty but the lack of a phone # is a red flag. What do you do if you don't like them, need tech support, ect. If you are looking at saving the extra $$ and want to pass up on the advice of everyone on this site, go for the streams and let us know what happened. You may be right and we could all be fools here but if it were me I would listen to the Axioms get a feel for them. If you like them buy both the Axioms and the Streams. If, as you say, the Streams are gods gift to speakers then keep them and send back the Axioms. Nice thing about Axiom is that you CAN call to return them, you CAN get tech support and you CAN have a compnay that will back their product up with a steller recordable and known histroy in Engineering. Good luck.

#57802 08/20/04 10:27 PM
K
veteran
veteran
K
Maybe Streem is a legit company. But to me, it feels like they should be selling their speakers out of the back of a van.

No company address? No phone number? Good luck with it. I hope you don't get ripped off.

#57803 08/20/04 10:41 PM
devotee
devotee
KC, it's a white van....down by the river.

Page 3 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 22 23

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters