#57824 08/23/04 12:31 AM
M
MarkB Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
M
"It sound(s) like you might have opened your mind."

My mind is like a 7/11. It's always open.

Re: 7/11
#57825 08/23/04 12:32 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
Its all good .

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Re: RW-500
#57826 08/23/04 12:36 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Nobody wants to see you get burned; everyone here is just as excited as you are with the whole HT experience. I hope you can understand why everyone is breathing down your neck about Axiom products. It truly is worth every cent. I love these speakers and could not understand why anybody would want anything different. Just remember that it seems like a lot up front, but it’s actually something that you will have to live with for a while.
Good Luck MarkB!

Tom

M80's VP150 QS8's Earthquake SuperNova MKV-15
Integra DTR-7.4 Outlaw 755 Outlaw M200's Outlaw ICBM
Re: Axiom
#57827 08/23/04 12:55 AM
M
MarkB Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
M
I know Axiom's are good. I've read the pro reviews. That's why I'm here. Couldn't find any pro reviews on Streem, so I wanted someone's opinion who's heard both. Now that I've got it, that's all I need.

Scratch Streem from the list. 2 good to be true strikes again.

Thanx.

Re: Axiom
#57828 08/23/04 01:47 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Sorry bud, I thought you were some sort of shill. Good luck with the search.
BTW, I saw a GoodGuys ad the other day - they were blowing out 6.1 packages of Monitor Audio Bronze systems for $1299 (B4 towers and B2 surrounds), including a sub. Looked pretty solid for the money (I have Bronze 2s in an upstairs bedroom).

Re: Shill
#57829 08/23/04 07:20 AM
M
MarkB Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
M
I can understand that. I thought you were just an a-hole. ;-) NOOC.

No, I'm not a shill. I'm just obsessed. A couple of weeks ago I decided to research the audio market in depth for the first time in my life. I've been swamped by all the options out there. I've been to so many sites and read so many reviews my head hurts. Speakers have caused me the biggest headache. I've quickly found that there are 2 sectors; high-end overpriced stuff that sounds great and low-end (though not always low-priced) rip-off stuff that sounds like garbage. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium. One side caters to the well-off audiophile and the other preys on the unsophisticated public. Axiom comes closest to the "third option" that I've found so far.

Streem was an illusion built on that obsession which in turn was built on my frustration. That dream is dead now. Sniff. :-( That's the bad news.

The good news is I won't have to try to unload those crappy speakers on a street corner....

from the back of a van....

down by the Ohio River!!!

#57830 08/23/04 12:56 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Mark, I hope you'll forgive an old goat giving a whippersnapper some adivce.

All too many decisions in life are made difficult by "all the options out there." And all of us, at one time or another, have been swamped into making a wrong decision. IMHO, what you need to do is take a few deep breaths, relax, take your time, gather as much information as you can comfortably stand, do some unpressured thinking, listen to the little man inside, make your best decision, and go for it. Most of the time you'll do the right thing. Sometimes you won't. Either way, learn from the experience, Don't agonize too much. Life, believe me, is WAY too short.

Good luck. Be happy.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Re: Audition II
#57831 08/23/04 04:59 PM
devotee
devotee
In reply to:

O.K.! O.K.! If you live in the Cincinnati area, I'll listen to your damn speakers!!

I live in Louisville, only 90 miles or so down the road, and you can come and listen to my speakers.

Mark

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"
#57832 08/23/04 05:19 PM
M
M
whoa boy what a post! I got a link in my email this morn from my friend (an Axiom owner) about this Streem thread. Let's get right to it ... MarkB you ain't gonna find the answer you are looking for here ... this is Axiom's message board most assuredly staffed by Axiom's friendly staff.

Whoever it was that said the RW-500's are just bass and nothing else either has no idea what he's talking about or is simply trying to smeer these speakers. I, yes ME, actually own a set of HT-500's from Streem and I can tell you that they absolutely rock. They are so far from "Lot's of bass and not much else" that that statement proves to me that this NeverHappy person is out and out lying. Being rear ported with a side firing 8" woofer the bass from these is actually quite subdued and the mids and highs are crisp and clear.

And just a note about the reviews, I purchased my HT-500 speakers a little over a month ago (after hearing the HT-808 package, which by the way has tons of bass if that is what you are looking for) and have received a "special offer" from Streem. What is the offer you ask? Well, let's just say that in appreciation for an honest, unbiased review on AudioReview.com they have offered select customers, including me, a bonus gift. Not a bad way for them to get their name out there, eh!

Seeing as I am not an AudioReview.com member it looks like I'll have to sign up for an account before posting my review. I suppose that explains the reviews from many new audio review members.

The moral of the story, if you want an honest opinion visit an unbiased website for your answers.

You wanted an opinion from someone that has heard both Axiom and Streem speakers so here I am. Axioms speakers may sound great but you can't get a better pair of speakers than Streem's for the money.

Have fun Mark.

#57833 08/23/04 05:36 PM
devotee
devotee
Sniff, sniff.

Smells like shill.

I'm sure paying people is a real good way of getting unbiased reviews.

Mark

P.S. Other than Alan Lofft and rarely Amie, nobody from Axiom posts here. This board is not "staffed", but rather is posted to almost exclusively by satisfied Axiom owners. There are hundreds of us. How many satisfied Streem speaker owners are there posting on the internet?

P.P.S. I have never heard Streem speakers, so I make no claim as to their quality. As far as I know, thay may be the best speakers in the world. That does not change the fact that I love my Axioms.

Last edited by mhorgel; 08/23/04 05:55 PM.

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020