Re: MtnBkr
#57974 08/24/04 09:07 PM
M
MarkB Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
M
I can see this has degenerated into a flame war.

I seriously doubt "MtnBkr" is just a Streem shill who was waiting around here for me to find him. I know I'm no shill. That means the reviews on Audioreview must be correct. Streem is a paying sponsor on Audioreview's Web site. That means Audioreview must have some degree of confidence in the company.

All in all, this was HIGHLY educational. I'm glad I posted.

Thanks to "MtnBkr" for the honest advice in a sea of flame warriors.

"Buyer's Remorse" Strikes Again!!!! For all the Axiom owners who turned this into a flame war, get a life. You failed to represent your brand well. I gave you a chance, but you failed miserably. Goodbye.

Thanks again to "MtnBkr." I appreciate the help. Please register on Audioreview to post your FULL review. There are only a small number of Streem reviews right now, so I didn't know if I could trust them. Thanks again.

I knew I would get a lot of biased opinions around here. I'm not stupid. I was hoping there would be one "MtnBkr" in the herd, and was rewarded.

You rock, dude! Thank You!!

#57975 08/24/04 09:45 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
For a bit it did, but you neglect to mention who chose to take it down that path. Wasn't me or any other regular on these boards. This thread was nothing more then an attempt to give credibility to something that has none. It didn't work and we had fun with it....Plain and Simple.

In reply to:

"Buyer's Remorse" Strikes Again!!!! For all the Axiom owners who turned this into a flame war, get a life. You failed to represent your brand well. I gave you a chance, but you failed miserably. Goodbye.

What gives here? I thought I was going slow enough but let's try again......................I.........own..........Monitor..........Audio's!

In reply to:

Thanks again to "MtnBkr." I appreciate the help. Please register on Audioreview to post your FULL review.

Yes please do and don't forget to claim your "Special Gift"

In reply to:

I knew I would get a lot of biased opinions around here. I'm not stupid. I was hoping there would be one "MtnBkr" in the herd, and was rewarded.

That line says more then I could ever hope to say! Enjoy your speakers and please come back and post your thoughts on them................and dam it man, we are all dieing to know what the "Special Gift" is!

#57976 08/24/04 10:12 PM
old hand
old hand
OMG that's funny - I leave town for a few days and this is what you guys do with your time? I had to struggle to keep from attracting the attention of people in adjacent cubes when I was reading through that stuff and LMAO. I guess we can draw a few conclusions related to the original intent of this post - Streem speakers suck - mtnbkr is a shill - one flame post and he's gone without addressing any responses. MarkB is either a complete moron or a shill or both. I'd opt for option number 3. There's no way a normal human could read this thread and still think that getting Streem speakers was a good idea. They're probably pretty sad that we didn't all ooooh and ahhhh over the all-powerful Streem speakers. Anyway, I got many more posts to get through.

Pete

PS - we should all concentrate our efforts where they matter - in the Beer Thread

PPS - I like ABBA, and Madonna and Metallica

Re: Shill
#57977 08/26/04 02:59 AM
devotee
devotee
Tool is damn good. :|

#57978 08/26/04 01:25 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
oh, dont get me wrong, i like them, but they are still trippy..

perfect example-- that last song on the 'prison sex' album, i think its track #69.. it has the infamous, "let the rabbits wear glasses" harvest day speech, then 15 minutes of crickets chirping? now that is trippy.. BTW- anyone with QS8's, if you want the sense of laying in a very remote field in the middle of the night.. put this cd in, and listen to the 15 minute cricket solo.. it is almost hallucinegenic..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#57979 08/26/04 02:17 PM
shareholder in the making
I love that song. People always look at me funny when I quote it, though...

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#57980 08/26/04 05:23 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Die Eier von Satan.

It's a recipe for making hash-cookies. Not that I ever tried it. I'm just saying....

As much as I like the last tool song I quoted, I think that my favorite song is Aenima of the same album. I'm hoping for some beech front property on Arizona Bay.

jr

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." C Hitchens
#57981 08/26/04 07:03 PM
Great album overall. I love Die Eier von Satan. Und keine eier!

Last edited by kcarlile; 08/26/04 07:04 PM.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
The real LOSER
#57982 08/27/04 03:26 AM
T
T
First let me apologise for posting in this thread. I'm fairly sure that most here want to see it gone. I will be brief and to the point. I will be posting here and in the other thread that deals with this subject. (Same post)

First things first.

I happen to be the owner of the Streem speakers John (NeverHappy) was making reference to in these forums. I have a pair and he has heard them on numerous occasions at my cabin. Calling him a liar is uncalled for and to be blunt, stupid, childish, moronic, and a whole lot of other words that I'm sure you MarkB aka MtnBkr or vice versa would not be able to comprehend..... so I will spare you the trouble of digging out your copy of "Words For Dummies". Yep, you got it, John won't take shots at you but I got no problem doing it although I feel bad. So far everyone you have taken on here has given it back ten fold and your responses, well are lacking.

I purchased these speakers for a spare room I have in my house. My plan was to set something up for my teenage son but after hearing them, that quickly changed. Even my 14 year old didn't want to keep them. Yes they are in fact that bad. The only reason I still have them is because I needed something at my cabin that was low cost due to the high number of break and enters in and around our lake. I will not lose any sleep if I do happen to be vandalized and they are taken.

I won't bore anyone with details on what makes these speakers not worth the time of day as John got it right with his analogy on mid 80's speakers. He can also explain it far better then I can. I buy stuff and have it for years. John seems to have a new system every 6 months. It seems to be an addiction to some extent.

What is with the two names anyway MarkB aka MtnBkr , Identity crisis? Compensating perhaps? Are you one of those little boy's who's mommy didn't breast feed you long enough? Perhaps to long? Perhaps she hasn't stopped? It's clear that you are in fact one in the same. If not and there are two of you out there who think like this, GOD help us all!

John, buddy, please don't be pissed I posted here but the BS this clown was throwing at you was a joke. If anyone has any problems with me defending John against this fool, sorry but it had to be done.

Re: The real LOSER
#57983 08/30/04 06:22 AM
I have a new theory:

MarkB, MtnBkr, TheCabinGuy, and NeverHappy are ALL THE SAME PERSON! I guess it was getting too quiet around here for NeverHappy so he concocted this whole argument with himself to bring some spice into our lives.

Thanks NH!

Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,939
Posts442,452
Members15,615
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (fonthillbilly), 235 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup