Print Thread
Rate Thread
need help with Denon 2805
#59159 08/29/04 10:17 PM
pklin Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello all, just recently received a new Denon 2805 receiver as a gift, and having used it for a month now, I am really beginning to love this receiver. It is currently hooked up to M22ti in the front, M2 in the rear, and VP100 in the center, with QS8 and hopefully the new SV PB10 to come.

Problem:
After some splicing and stripping, I reconnected all of my surround speaker cables (in-wall) to a keystone wall plate with binding posts. After I reconnected all the cables, I started the Denon 2805 up to test the speaker connection. The Receiver turned itself off with the power button flashing red after about a minute and I realized I have connected the surrounds wrong between the in-wall and the outer cables. After reconnecting everything and using the "channel level" function in the receiver to test, I noticed that no test tones were coming out of the front L/R speakers (No cable work was done on the front and center speakers, only the surrounds). So now all the other speakers work, except the two front L/R. Since I have the front speakers connected to Front L/R "A" in the back of the receiver, I decided to try Front L/R "B" and now the speakers work...

Questions:
- Is the Front L/R "A" connectors in the back of the receiver busted because of the short and automatic receiver shut-off resulting from wrong surround speaker cable connection?
- While connected to "A", the test tones would come through when I run the Auto Speaker Setup, but not when I run the "Channel Level" setup or when I try to listen to a music CD or watch a DVD. If I connect the front speakers to "B", they will work under all above circumstances, does this mean I would either send the Denon in for repair or keep my speakers connected to "B" permanently?
- Is there a factory default button or a way to return the receiver back to factory condition like when I first connected it?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the long post. I would hate to have this Denon broken in less than a months use.

Re: need help with Denon 2805
#59160 08/30/04 12:44 AM
pklin Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Crisis avoided, I went to Denon's website and discovered this little feature called "initializing the microprocessor". All is well with the receiver now!

Re: need help with Denon 2805
#59161 08/30/04 01:08 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Scary. I did something similar a few months ago. My mistake was a stray speaker wire strand.

I’m glad you figured it out.

Tom

M80's VP150 QS8's Earthquake SuperNova MKV-15
Integra DTR-7.4 Outlaw 755 Outlaw M200's Outlaw ICBM

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,477
Members15,617