Rate Thread
VP 100 placement issues..
#5947 09/25/02 02:08 AM
U
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
U
I am waiting on my delivery from Fedex and canot wait to set up my first HT system.

But I was hoping for some help. My center speaker will be on top of my entertainment center, about 12-14 inches above the top of my TV and almost 6 feet off the ground. We sit about 9 ft from the TV. I put my current bookshelf speaker up there as a test and the dialog sounded a bit detatched and obviously coming from above the set. I know you can angle the VP100 up, but how about somehow raising the back to point it down to our listening position. Any ideas on how best to do that? Could I just cut a small piece of wood and place it underneath to raise the rear a few inches?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: VP 100 placement issues..
#5948 09/25/02 03:18 AM
old hand
old hand
undecided,

My center channel is also detached from my tv. Check it out in the top picture in the Axiom Wall of Fame. I use a "center channel director" (made by Lovan) that allows me to angle the center at the listening position. Though it works perfectly, you can accomplish the same thing for much less money by getting a couple of door stops to prop up the rear of your center to the angle you need. My seating position is about 13 feet back from the TV, and the dialog is anchored to the TV just fine. Have fun setting up your system.

lando

lando
#5949 09/25/02 03:39 AM
U
hobbyist
OP Offline
hobbyist
U
lando622

thanks, Funny you responded because right after my post I saw the picture of your set-up and thought the center looked angled downward (great set-up BTW). Anyway, where did you get the piece? Oh, the door stop idea is pretty good too!

Thanks

#5950 09/25/02 11:36 AM
old hand
old hand
undecided,

I got the adjustable stands for my M3's and my center channel stand (link to center channel stand) from Discounts-n-Deals. The price on the speaker stands was very good, and the center channel stand might be considered a little expensive depending on your point of view though this e-tailer has it for a competitive price. The center stand is definitely heavy-duty... the thing weighs about 10lbs. I'm happy with the center stand purchase, but now realize that a couple of door stops would work just as well. You can (should?) add small pieces of adhesive or drawer liner pad to the underside of the front edge of the center speaker to prevent any slippage once the desired angle is achieved if you go with the door stops... the stand has "stop pads".

Thanks for the compliment on the set-up. When I found out about Axiom, I was pretty psyched as we could get the performance/price I wanted and the aesthetics my wife wanted. Since putting everything together, we've been a couple of movie-watching fools and loving every minute of it Have a good one.

lando

lando
#5951 09/25/02 04:50 PM
buff
buff
I was able to angled my vp150 toward my listening position by using the rubber stopper that comes with the QS4 surround. Since I didn't used them to QS4, I used it on my VP150 center speaker. I basically just use to piece of it and stick it at the back end of the speaker base and voila it's now perfectly angled and pointing directly to me....if your center is a little higher this may not work, you may need a little larger thing like what you said a door stopper.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (rrlev), 740 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup