Print Thread
Rate Thread
Online sellers of used CD's
#60300 09/07/04 10:30 PM
ericb Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Has anyone been buying used CD's and DVD's online? I'm looking to expand my CD/DVD collection and thought this would be an economical way to get that done. I don't have a tremendous selection of used CD b&m retailers in my area unless I take the hour drive to Boston, so I thought I would check out used CDs online.

I'm not the biggest fan of eBay (I had a bad experience with the one and only time I bought on eBay) so I did a google search for resellers. I spent some time looking through the second spin, streetlight records, and the cd exchange websites and they looked pretty good. In fact, I have some discs I've been after in a shoping cart at second spin just waiting for me to place the order.

Has anyone had any experience with these resellers, or can recommend someone else that has the right selection, prices, customer service, and shipping/return policies?

I suppose I should just get over my past experience and go back to eBay/Half.com and check for reputable sellers there as well.

Thanks for the replies.

Re: Online sellers of used CD's
#60301 09/07/04 10:57 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I've purchased a number of CDs from Second Spin. I've had no problems whatsoever with the disks. But, shipping can be very sloooooooow. Other than that, no complaint.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
Re: Online sellers of used CD's
#60302 09/08/04 12:57 AM
local
local
I have bought a lot and sold a lot of cds on Amazon and Half.com. As long as you check the ratings of the seller (easier on Amazon, but prices are often lower on half.com) you should be okay - in my experience.

I used to live in Newton, NH - near Plaistow and Haverhill Mass - so I know what you are talking about. I used to take the train down to Kenmore Square in Boston to hit the used cd stores there.

Now I live a five minute walk from a used cd store and there are about three more within easy walking distance - but I buy most of my cds on line.

M22s, QS4s, M2 center, Hsu stf-1.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters