Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
avia disk/ DVD ?
#60747 09/14/04 12:49 AM
Kiwi Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys, Just a quick question about the avia test disk I just received. I own a Denon 3805 receiver. I did the surround test using my combo DVD/VHS player. Its not a flash one ( Made by Polaroid). On the front of the DVD player it says progressive scan, dolby digital dts all that stuff, so im assuming it plays 5.1 no? anyway, back to the story. So I place my dvd in and listen too the voice go around my speakers starting with Left Front, then to Center, Then to right front,so far all is good, but when it's supposed to go to my Right surround speaker the voice comes out of my front right speaker again NOT my right surrond as it should, same with the left surround, voice comes from Left front, Wierd? and frustrating. I know the rears are working, because when I listen to 5 channel stereo they are working fine, I checked everything from connections in the back, to the speaker itself (QS8)I Checked the manual as to where its supposed to be hooked up in the back of the receiver, everything checks out. The funny thing is when I go thru the test tones thru the receiver itself,all the speakers work correctly ? I was wondering though if this is affecting the performance of my rears when watching DVD's. I swear the speakers in the rear aren't where they need to be, to have good effect in the room I'm in.I have to turn them WAY up to hear them satisfactory. Any one with a dennon 3805 or similar, who might be able to help me would be appreciated. LOL, I just re read my message, if anyone can understand me congrats! I think i'd actually be confused if it wasn't me posting this. LOL

Re: avia disk/ DVD ?
#60748 09/14/04 02:03 AM
aficionado
aficionado
Are you using the DAC's in the receiver or combo unit?
Go into the combo unit and tell it to use 5.1 if not already done. How are you connected? Toslink or regular interconnects?The receiver may not be processing the signal that its being given. You may need to tell the receiver to process 5.1 on the specific input, same with the DVD player.

M80's VP150 QS8's Earthquake SuperNova MKV-15
Integra DTR-7.4 Outlaw 755 Outlaw M200's Outlaw ICBM

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020