I want to start by saying I don't own an axiom speaker - yet.

I've decided on an m40 becuase of the type of stuff I listen to - lots of rare stuff not recorded well, and a laid-back speaker lends itself well to this kind of recording - the M40 is probably the most laid-back speaker axiom makes, except maybe the m50. If you want the most forgiving bass-heavy speaker axiom makes, I think it's the m50. A lot of people have disparaged this speaker, but a lot of people here seem to be in the jazz/classical crowd.

I think the m50 is probably the best speaker axiom makes for your listening style as a stand-alone speaker. I personally don't like subs for music, because I think they sound "weird." I'm probably in a serious minority, but I think 2 channel is the only thing that is "correct" for music.

I should add that I am very old-fashioned and low-tech when it comes to audio. You could probably do very well with m3's and a sub, but I wouldn't recommend going overboard with an m60 based on what you said you like. Also, I think sub's sound weird with 2 channel audio - but lots of other people seem to like it. I still listen to vinyl, so who knows?:)

Again, I don't own any axiom stuff - yet. But I am a very meticulous shopper, being a drop-dead poor 70's punk relic, but I think my recommendations are sound based on what you want and like.

-nowave.
a serious newbie.
in short - if you plan on buying a sub anyway, buy m3's and save your $$$ on a sub - otherise, buy the M50's for a good 2-channel stand alone.

please, though - correct me if i'm wrong anyone.