Dont make me stop this car!

LIFE IS SHORT.
DON'T BE A DICK.
Re: proud of canadia product but not p
#66973 11/02/04 04:04 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

Sheesh - take it easy on him. This is supposed to be a friendly place where people can learn more about Axiom products. If you want to give people the impression that all Axiom owners are belligerent, unfriendly people, please take that to another forum. (This also applies to the people who debase Axiom because the production is not completely vertically integrated.) He was just stating that he didn't want to pay an extra 15% for speakers when he could get them at the regular price elsewhere. He was obviously joking when saying he wasn't proud to be a Canadian. Not everything is exactly as it is written; the skill of taking things in context is important, not only in forums but in everyday life.

How do you come to the conclusion that my post is somehow a reflection of Axiom owners? Let's keep this real and in the right context. You seem to be an expert on context so practise what you preech. As for him joking, how do you know what he was thinking? he posted it, came back and made no attempt to explain the context of what he meant. Therefore as far as I'm concerned, his comment was made and he has no intentions on correcting it. Therefore one can assume that he meant it in the manner I took it. As for the skill required to take things in context, first let me point out that I find your comment somewhat condescending and please don't lecture me on how you think I should take things. I'm free to draw my own conclusions as are you.

#66974 11/02/04 04:10 PM
shareholder in the making
Is it sacrilegious to modify "Oh Canada"?

O Canada!
Axiom's home and native land!
True bass love that all thy woofers command.

With Towering M80s we see thee rise,
The True Midrange strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Soundstage, we listen on guard for thee.

God keep our Axioms glorious and free…(well, a good value anyway)!
O Axiom, we stand on guard for thee.

O Axiom, we stand on guard for thee.

(Even if Canadians have to pay some sort of tax that I'm not entirely familiar with)

Patriotically American,

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#66975 11/02/04 04:10 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

Additionally: Don't you think you give people who aren't Canadian a bad taste of what it is to be Canadian by being angry with a fellow Canadian?

I noticed that you came back and did an edit. How exactly do you figure? Americans don't have problems with other Americans? Italians don't have issues with other Italians? If anything people should get the impression that there are a few Canadians who take remarks of his nature seriously and some of us are proud to be Canadians and we take offence when someone has something negative to say about being a Canuck.

#66976 11/02/04 04:10 PM
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
I'm joking!! not averyone is fool.

Epic 80 System HTPC Benq 6200 FP Denon 3805 Xbox(Mod)
#66977 11/02/04 04:12 PM
axiomite
axiomite
John,

Like it or not, you represent Axiom on this board. Strangers come here looking for information and guidance. Consider how your posts look to them. Nasty stuff.

I think your interpretation of what he had to say, says more about you than it does him.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#66978 11/02/04 04:15 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Holy crap I didn't realize that so many here have the ability to judge other people. I will back down to keep the peace but please don't give me the high road that my post's reflect on this board badly. Check some of the other threads currently going. Rank this one against those and then tell me how badly this one ranks.

In reply to:

I'm joking!! not averyone is fool.

Give me a break. Calling me a fool will only make this worse. The easy way out was to come back and say you were joking. Your calling me names but everyone here is sticking up for you. Go figure eh!

#66979 11/02/04 04:25 PM
aficionado
aficionado
In reply to:

How do you come to the conclusion that my post is somehow a reflection of Axiom owners? Let's keep this real and in the right context.

OK so you are NOT an Axiom owner (I was unaware of this), but this is still "supposed to be a friendly place where people can learn more about Axiom products. If you want to give people the impression that all Axiom owners are belligerent, unfriendly people, please take that to another forum." So what I said earlier can definitely still apply. How is that request out of context?

In reply to:

As for him joking, how do you know what he was thinking? he posted it, came back and made no attempt to explain the context of what he meant. Therefore as far as I'm concerned, his comment was made and he has no intentions on correcting it. Therefore one can assume that he meant it in the manner I took it.

I ASSUME that it is a joke because who seriously cares that much about a negligible increase in purchase price to dislike their home land because of that? It is so ridiculous to think that someone would actually be serious because there are so many more important issues that determine one's love for country.

In reply to:

As for him joking, how do you know what he was thinking? he posted it, came back and made no attempt to explain the context of what he meant. Therefore as far as I'm concerned, his comment was made and he has no intentions on correcting it. Therefore one can assume that he meant it in the manner I took it.

I apologize for seeming condescending, but I just wanted to make the point that people should use common sense before posting something. Now you may say that his comment lacked that, but I feel that since it was easily interpreted as a joke, it did not constitute something lacking in common sense.

Also if one is to "practise (sic) what you preech (sic)," wouldn't that person not be "somewhat condescending" to a new member of the boards? If you want to give a good impression of our community, please be friendly. If not, well you can take your own advice: "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

One thing that I didn't mention earlier was that palapala was trying to apologize for what he said "ok, guys
just take it easy and stop talking about it. We come here just for a happy time.
monitor, could you please delete this thread,"
yet you would not let it go. How can that be considered friendly?

On your side, though:
In reply to:

I noticed that you came back and did an edit. How exactly do you figure? Americans don't have problems with other Americans? Italians don't have issues with other Italians? If anything people should get the impression that there are a few Canadians who take remarks of his nature seriously and some of us are proud to be Canadians and we take offence when someone has something negative to say about being a Canuck.

I agree with you there.

#66980 11/02/04 04:29 PM
In reply to:

please don't give me the high road

Huh? The high road would have been you NOT jumping on the guy for posting a humorous complaint. Sometimes people over-react. Some of them also realize it an apologize.

#66981 11/02/04 04:31 PM
old hand
old hand
I don't really see where the "interpretation" is here. The original post said that because he had to pay 15% more for speakers that he wanted to move south.
Is that not correct?

Here's my two cents here and you can agree with it or disagree. The original poster just wanted to make a complaint about the tax situation. We all do it. In fact I complain about things in Canada all the time. That's everyone's perogative. I can't speak for NeverHappy but what upsets me is when someone says they are going to leave Canada because they had to pay 15% more for some speakers. I'm not going to apologize for taking offense to that.

I do think the original poster was trying to make a "joke". In my opinion it was in poor taste and I believe that I have the right to express my disagreement with it.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters