Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Advice on QS4 Axiom Stands
#67910 11/12/04 06:43 PM
regular
OP Offline
regular
My Epic 50 System was delivered a couple of days ago. Getting things ready for the other new equipment. Can’t wait to hear them. I’ve setup a few computer tables in my day but the instructions to assemble the QS4 Stands suck. I’ve delegated the job to my SO but I’m afraid she is going to butcher my pretty new speakers. Any advice on assembling the stands for a Axiom owner?

Scott

Re: Advice on QS4 Axiom Stands
#67911 11/12/04 06:59 PM
veteran
veteran
Don't,lmao hang em on the wall so that way u can kiss them on the way by looooool

If You Are Gonna Do It , Do It Right !!!
#67912 11/13/04 05:19 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
I wish I could help, but I don't have those stands. I'm guessing it's not nearly as straightforward as they look. What specific problem are you running into? You could also call Axiom. They're very helpful.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!
#67913 11/13/04 10:15 AM
xj8 Offline
regular
regular
Having just recently put up two of the QSS stands, I would offer this advise
1. Go to the web site and look at the pictures, print it if you have to and refer back often. If you havn't had the joy of assembling furniture with only swedish instructions, you won't know how important this step is
2. Remove the existing brackets off your QS4 and replace with the plastic U shaped bracket, lining up the screws with the holes in the bracket. This was the step that was confusing me the most. Remember, the shiny plastic side faces out and the dull black side faces toward the speaker. You do not need the existing brackets or mounting bracket supplied with the speakers - toss them.
3. The speakers sit on the long black supports that are attached to the base. (Look at the pictures to see how they should be attached.) Speakers are then fastened to the black supports at the U shaped ends with two screws on each side. (ie Most of the support comes from the speaker sitting on the two black legs and the U shaped bracket just holds it in place.)
4. Don't force any of the screws into the wood. The holes have all been pre-drilled and once you have found the starting point the screw will sink in nicely. It may take a little time to find the pre-drills, but if you find yourself exerting a lot of pressure, you are probably in the wrong spot.
5. Get yourself a real screwdriver, the tiny one supplied is almost useless. Found myself stripping the screws until I got a larger phillips.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

#67914 11/13/04 12:55 PM
axiomite
axiomite
In reply to:

You do not need the existing brackets or mounting bracket supplied with the speakers - toss them.

Unless, of course, you think you might want to wall hang them at a later time.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020