Rate Thread
NAR: Photo Hosting: Need quick answer!
#68049 11/13/04 04:46 PM
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
(Non-Axiom-Related!)

Hello All:
I will Google this myself, but I'm hoping that someone can point me in a direction based upon experience.

I started using PhotoBucket to host my Avatar and other small photos for these forums. Now, I've just finished designing a flyer for a fundraiser (my employee's young child has been in a coma for 5 weeks) and I would like to place a "printable-size" image on a photo hosting service so that in addition to the hardcopies being distributed, others can have access to the image to download it and print it for further distribution.

I have a website for my business but my web guy is not available anytime too soon, (and I need the site to be user friendly) so some FTP options may not be the best choice here. PhotoBucket's premium service is still limited to a 1MB file size and I honestly wouldn't mind a larger capacity to produce a suitable 8.5 x 11, 300dpi image. Further, I'd really like to see a button that simply allows a viewer to download the image for the aforementioned user friendliness.

You would think that with a photography background, I'd be more familiar with photo-hosting sites, but I've just really not had the need in the past. Now, of course, I have the need right away!

Anyone have any experience that can pass along while I do a cold, impersonal search?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Re: NAR: Photo Hosting: Need quick answer!
#68050 11/13/04 08:27 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Mark, I don't know enough about the subject to know if any of these sites will fill your needs, but I thought I'd let you know about them just in case. These are places I've seen mentioned elsewhere, and just quickly bookmarked for future reference, but I've not investigated them. All, to my knowledge, are free. (Being the pennypincher I am, I can't imagine I'd bookmark a site that actually charged hard money)

Hello

TinyPic

ImageStation

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#68051 11/13/04 08:45 PM
OP Offline
Actually, thanks Ajax, but I just now signed up with smugmug.com. It seems to have offered everything I needed, as well as some pro level features that I think I'll want in the future.

This is something I should have done awhile ago, it was just never a priority until today! Thanks for the tips though... I was actually just coming back to this site to delete my post since I found my answer!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#68052 11/13/04 09:13 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Cool Mark. Glad you found what you needed.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020