Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M22ti/MA Silver 4i/Totem Rokk
#690 12/28/01 04:29 PM
Adacat Offline OP
OP Offline
I am setting up a second system in my bedroom. Music only to start: multi channel later (maybe). The amp is a vintage Bryston3B. I would to compare the Axiom M22ti, Monitor Audio Silver 4i, and the Totem Rokk. Has anyone been down this road before? The big advantage to the Silver 4i is the front port. However, I would give that up if I could get similar performance for less money.

Re: M22ti/MA Silver 4i/Totem Rokk
#691 01/07/02 06:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This may not be of any great value to you, but I have heard the Monitor Audio Silver 3s and the 5s as well as the Axiom Audio M40s, which I now own. I haven't heard the Monitor Audio Silver 4s, but I have an impression of the sound that these make in comparison with the Axiom.

Overall, I think the Monitors are good speakers, and I was about to buy the 5s but really wanted to find something cheaper with equivalent sound. I thought the Monitors were better than equivalent B&Ws. But I thought their sound was a touch too polite and reserved compared to some Paradigms I auditioned at the same time. Also, the image of the 5s was very low -- you needed to get to the speaker's relatively low height to fully appreciate the sound.

I would characterize the Axioms as having the more "robust" sound that the Paradigms have, but somewhat more detailed and less colored than the Paradigms. They seem to handle a wide range of material better than the Monitor Audios, which I think are best suited to acoustic instruments and not well suited at all to rock.

I haven't heard the Totems.

The equipment was all reviewed through fairly inexpensive electronics, and I cannot predict how they would work with your setup or room, of course. I would ask Ian about placement regarding the M3s to see if boominess is an issue.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044