Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: One last HSU/SVS question??
#70051 12/04/04 01:26 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Curtis, I find only one post by Alan in this thread and nowhere do I find him mentioning the name of any other manufacturer. Did I miss it, or did this occur somewhere else? If so, can you steer me to it?

So far, Jon has said that an unspecified employee of Axiom made the (quoting verbatim again) ""CLAIM" that that EP500 with largely outperform the SYS ultra." Jon has now amended that statement saying "Axiom did not specify the "ultra" which is the top of the line SVS cylinder sub. They said it "largly outperformed" the SVS and HSU subs, I did not pin them down exact models, maybe I should of, but it was just a general synopsis."

If this is accurate, I would submit it was an obviously biased opinion, made in a private conversation by an employee to a potential customer. It was not published, nor was it an official statement made by the company. Since there has been only one official review of the EPs, that I'm aware of, and NO "official" direct comparison of them with subs by other manufacturers, what is the big tadoo about. It's all speculation.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#70052 12/04/04 02:17 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Jack...you are absolutely correct....I stand corrected.

I think I read more into it here:
In reply to:

I did some listening tests of the EP500 and EP600 vs. several other brands during my extended stay at Axiom last month, and I can tell you that the EP500 has greater extension to lower frequencies (and greater output at those frequencies) than the other two subs. The EP600 has even more, so much so that folks in the Axiom office were complaining of the pulsing low frequencies from the adjoining listening room when I ran the EP600 at high levels.

This was only a preliminary test, and although levels were carefully adjusted, the test was not "blind." But even when I stared at the switcher, which was not labeled as to which sub was which, it was apparent that the low-frequency extension of the 500 and 600 clearly outstripped the competition. I'll have more to report in the future.

#70053 12/04/04 02:34 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Thanks Curtis. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't mistaken. Ain't it weird how things get quickly blown out of proportion?

Jack

#70054 12/04/04 02:42 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Most definitely!

#70055 12/04/04 04:18 AM
local
OP Offline
local
Jack, The much tadoo is totally correct, But when you say I "amended" my statement about the SVS ultra, I never said Axiom said ultra, therefore I can't amend something I never said, I just wanted to clarify that in my earlier post to you. The reference was to SVS, and HSU, NOT model specific. I can only assume they were speaking of "similar models" I think we can draw some conclusions based on price and marketplace. There was never exact model numbers, and in casuel conversation your right, there did not have to be, I was just stating the gist of where Axiom felt their subs stand aganist the competition. Knowing the competition, thats a heck of a statement, thats all I said. I was surprised, thats all. If they are right, I could not be happier, afterall I own 7 of their speakers. Jon

Sunfire amps & processor Sammy 50" Crown amp 2-SVS SS Maple Ultras, Axiom 60s,22s,150cc, QS8s
#70056 12/04/04 04:27 AM
local
OP Offline
local
Jack, after reviewing all posts, I DID say ultra I STAND CORRECTED, That was the sub that I have had on my mind as far as comparisons, I do not think Axiom said "ultra" but I very much Know SVS, HSU, my apology, It would have been easier to go back and delete that post of a few minutes ago, but I was mistakened on the "ultra" statement, nobodys fault but mine on that one. Adding to the problem, I hope not, the principal is the same, again, sorry. Jon

Sunfire amps & processor Sammy 50" Crown amp 2-SVS SS Maple Ultras, Axiom 60s,22s,150cc, QS8s
#70057 12/04/04 04:58 AM
axiomite
axiomite
No problem Jon. I'm glad you realized you did say "Ultra." I was copying and pasting directly from your post, and it was frustrating to have you say you didn't use that word. I'm sure, based on what you had to say above, that being that specific was not your intention. Unfortunately John (NeverHappy) seized on that word, and "went to the mattresses." No harm done. We have it straightened out now. To quote the Bard, much ado about nothing.

It's obvious, that the EP500 and EP600 are, as yet, unknown quantities. However, I wouldn't, out of hand, dismiss what the Axiom employee had to say. He's surely had more experience with those subs than anyone here. Nonetheless, I recommend that we all just cool our jets until we get more information from a variety of sources.

Jack

#70058 12/04/04 07:22 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

But your knee jerk reaction, and challenge, smacks of the need to defend your purchase.

Looking at your post, don't you think it's a little of the pot calling the kettle black? Don't be to quick to judge me. Your own post is walking the same road. I don't need nor have I ever needed to defend anything I purchase. If you re-read I included both SVS and HSU in my statements and I don't own a HSU.

In reply to:

What's your point?

My point is simple and if you didn't get it here it is again. If in fact these subs are soooooooo good, Axiom should prove it.

#70059 12/04/04 07:27 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

Ain't it weird how things get quickly blown out of proportion?

What exactly has been blown out of proportion? I'm lost on this one. I posted based on some comments that an Axiom employee made. I then re-posted with some questions for Alan and a whole lot of other people felt the need to pipe up.

Alan makes this remark:
In reply to:

and I can tell you that the EP500 has greater extension to lower frequencies (and greater output at those frequencies) than the other two subs.

Given what most of this thread has been about I would think it's safe to assume we are dealing with SVS or HSU. All I want to know is what 2 subs?

#70060 12/04/04 07:55 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

John, I've got to agree with Jack here. I think you're being overly confrontational. I also think there is a useful distinction between good-natured eagerness for third-party reviews and comparisons, and the baseless cynicism you're conveying. In return for what has always been an unmoderated and completely open forum, I think we owe Axiom a modicum of respect here.

To each there own. Overly confrontational? What qualifies you to make that statement? Baseless cynicism? I'm not making any claims at all. I'm questioning what has been said to date. Free speech go south in here or what? And sorry but I don't owe Axiom anything. I have bought more then my fair share and a whole lot of people I know are running Axiom based on my recommendations.

They choose to allow this forum to run un-moderated and sometimes questions will be asked that they may not like. For the most part I'm a fan of Axiom but the reaction in here when I post something that isn't blowing smoke up Axiom's you know what is comical to say the least.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters