#69 05/25/01 08:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Ian,

As a satisfied owner of an Epicenter 175 sub, and with the all the hubbub surrounding the M3s on the web of late, I surely admit I'm dyin' to try 'em out. But as I brokered a pretty sweet deal on a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 2s (the M3s must be in the same class, I'm sure you'd agree) a few weeks ago, I just don't need a pair at the moment. But as I foolishly continue to yearn for a pair of your highly-touted bookshelves, I rationalize that my senior-citizen mother might be able to put a pair to good use, in place of her 25 year-old, ridiculously over-sized Simpson's house-brand speakers. My two questions: do you suppose my mom's equally old Pioneer receiver, rated at 35 wpc, would be able to satisfactorily drive the M3s? Secondly, as your site lists all prices in American dollars, and with the fluctuation of our Canadian currency, just how much will a pair of M3s shipped to my door cost me? Thanks for your attention in this matter, and best of luck to Axiom (would quite enjoy seeing a greater retail presence of your products).

Re: For Ian, re: M3
#70 05/27/01 02:05 PM
Ian Offline
President
connoisseur
President
connoisseur
Thanks for your interest in the M3s. It will be no problem to run them with the older pioneer receiver, in fact a lot of the older receivers had better dynamic head room than the newer designs. If you let me know where you are located in Canada I will find a retailer near you to get you a Canadian price and no freight charges.

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer

Ian Colquhoun
President & Chief Engineer
#71 05/27/01 05:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for responding, Ian. I'm in Scarborough, and can do business with either of your retailers closest to me, as listed elsewhere on your site: Telecity Electronics, and Sound &Music, which is where I purchased my EP-175 in Nov/99. On a side-note, no feet (plastic or spikes) were packed with my sub when I bought it; Sound&Music unscrewed the plastic feet from their demo model for me, for which I was thankful. Any chance you guys could mail me a spike-kit? Thanks for the info on the M3s, looking forward to purchasing them!

Dave.

#72 05/27/01 05:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for responding, Ian. I'm in Scarborough, and can do business with either of your retailers closest to me, as listed elsewhere on your site: Telecity Electronics, and Sound &Music, which is where I purchased my EP-175 in Nov/99. On a side-note, no feet (plastic or spikes) were packed with my sub when I bought it; Sound&Music unscrewed the plastic feet from their demo model for me, for which I was thankful. Any chance you guys could mail me a spike-kit? Thanks for the info on the M3s, looking forward to purchasing them!

Dave.

#73 05/28/01 01:00 PM
A
old hand
old hand
A
Hi Dave;

I'll jump in here. Can you send me your address in an email, and we'll get the spikes sent out and dealer contacted for your M3s? webmaster@axiomaudio.com

Thanks!

Webmaster...
#74 05/29/01 06:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
..you have mail, sir. Thanks!

Dave.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc