Hi Im new to the Board and Axiom. I have been considering purchasing a pair of M22tis. My current set up is a 1989 Denon DRA-1025 Receiver, Onkyo DXC330 DC Player, Nakamichi CR-4A tape deck and Phillips DVD 953 player. My speakers are Paradigm Atoms matched to a Paradigm PDR-10 Sub. The Paradigm speakers have an impedance of 8 ohms, and the M22tis have an impedance of 8 ohms. According to the manual that came with the receiver I can safely run 1 pair of speakers anywhere between 6-16ohms but if I want to run 2 sets of speakers they should have an impedance of 12 ohms and connecting 2 pairs with an impedance of less than 12 ohms is not recommened. I inherited the receiver many years ago and there was a IAR Hotline Issue 55 journal that had glowing reviews for this receiver. Can anyone provide any information about this receiver? The sound I get from my current speaker set up is quite good. I want to replace the Atoms with the M22's for my main listening area and use the Atoms in another room. There would be times when I would have both sets on at the same time. Do I need a more modern receiver? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Keep life simple ride a fixie