ah, VEGA'S!!

i have the vega LW-12 sub right now.. it is respectable.. i mean, it has plenty of volume, but can be boomy.. and i think it is only rated to 30HZ, so it isnt reaching the super LFE's, but its close. i am OK with it, but still dream of the day for my SVS...(smacking lips).

but, you tell of crazy loud vega stories, i have to include.. the speakers that my axioms replaced, are the vega tower MX400's that i bought brand new in 1993. they have dual tweeters, dual horns, and 15inch woofers. at the time, those were the LOUDEST speakers i had ever heard. i got them while i was in the army, living in the barracks at ft bragg. all the black guys in the barracks LOVED my vegas, cause they were all into the bass. so, one night, one of the dudes had a 4 ohm yamaha amp(all i had was a crappy kenwood), and we hooked the vega's to it, and just CRANKED it.. i mean it was loud, you couldnt even walk into the room that the speakers were in. my room was on the first floor, so we went up to the 3rd floor, and the bass was literally still causing ripples in a beer glass that we sat on the floor. and this is a concrete, cinder block barracks.. i kid you not, i thought it was the coolest thing in the world. of course, i was young, and my sole desire was to make my ears bleed, so they were exactly what i wanted.... so i thought.. now, older and wiser, my axioms are the highlight of my house tour, and the vegas are collecting dust, waiting for me to finish our game room, so they can be plugged in again.

its kinda sad how we just kick that old stuff to the curb..

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??