I would have to say, based on my talk with my local electrician. I asked him about recievers before I bought mine, and he told me to STAY AWAY from Pioneer for sure, and possibly Sony and Kenwood. Mainly because these companies have gone to a center block style, where all your Receivers amplifiers are peaced as one piece in the Center. Meaning, if one amp goes bad, you have to replace them all! And this ends up costing about as much or more, then the whole reciever. So if yours goes bad, throw it in the trash and pull out your wallet for a new one. I opted for a New Denon AVR-3300 and have been promissed its a good Reciever. I got it brand New for $450 2 weeks ago, and just bought my Axiom system which will be here Tuesday! Can't wait!! Well thats my two cents! I would recommend everyone, to talk to some of your local electricians before buying products. These guys know as mush as the guys who make the things, as they work on them everyday! They can always offer some knowlege we would never know otherwise!