Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hanging QS8s on the wall
#82405 02/24/05 11:24 PM
aficionado
aficionado
In reply to:

The wall color is something called "Roasted Almond"...

sounds delicious!

John's correct though, the beige, light tan colour, whatever you want to call it, does appear a little pink when the light hits it. I have got the same problem with a number of the rooms in my house. It's asking for a paint job.

"Chickens don't clap."
Re: Hanging QS8s on the wall
#82406 02/25/05 08:00 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
To confirm BigJohn's comments, they really sound as good as I could want them to, even though they aren't on the same wall.

I think that the fact that the speakers fire out into the room at an angle helps the one on the back wall. The side wall is heard in similar fashion after it bounces off the back wall, or an approximation thereof.

In short, it's not ideal, ideal...but it does the trick. I bet it would soudn better if they were the same, but only marginally so.

WhatF - yeah, I ordered them FO, but I had to special order the speaker covers in white. I think they were like $27 - not too expensive anyway.

Oh, yes and to expound on the above - I have an addition two rear speakers (small Kenwood boxes) that are mounted above the couch on a few shelves, pointed upwards, so the sound reflects off of the ceiling first. It's definitely overkill in the room and I wish I had about four feet behind the couch to play with, but, as it stands, I have no complaints. It was either that, or put nothing back there. I chose something, and my wife didn't fight too hard. So, there you go.

On an aside, I listened to an really great, older IMAX movie. It had soem really superb surround in it (great localized voice in the rear simulating controller's voices in a space shuttle). The voices appeared in both surrounds, so the DLPIIx matrixed them into the rear surrounds, and deleted them from the surrounds...it was quite a cool effect, especially when the mix included other voices and sounds which eminated only from a single surround, so it wasn't piped into the rears. Just neat....

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,944
Posts442,472
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters