Print Thread
Rate Thread
Finally Some Pictures!
#83394 02/28/05 05:51 PM
Seabear Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
Well, I finally got everything all set up and running, and thought that I would post some pictures.
Here it is before the 2900, 2500 & 750 arrived;

And here is After all of the new gear got here and got hooked up;

Sometime in the near future, my Father in Law and I are going to completly rebuild this shelf system, using the shelves and supports, but changing all of the round metal supports to nice, thick wood, with channels in the back for wiring, and most importantly, Casters on the bottoms so that moving it in and out will not be such a massive pain in the Arse!

A shot of the back; Hard to believe, but you cannot see any of the wiring from the front! OCD pays off sometimes!

A shot of some old Wood Technology stands that I modded to fit the M2i's. I cut down the tops to match the size of the 2i's and mounted smaller and thicker bases.

And here is a better shot of the CD shelf that I built a couple of years ago. I took some old mahogany boards, ripped them, sanded them all down, oiled all and then assembled it in a lattice/shaker type of design. Holds a bit over 1000.

Hopefully all of this will come through.
I had to go through the steps of setting up a home page on Earthlink, and adding all of the pictures and such, and I was not sure of the size, and if I needed "[image]" before and after each picture for it to work, or if I just needed to paste in the link to the pictures.
I'll see soon enough, heh?
HMMM...
Well, I did the preview thing, and the pictures seem quite large. I chose the smallest setting for them on the earhtlink page.
I'm sure someoone will chime in with the solution!
TjB

Axioms; For when you've just Gotta have More Cowbell! 60s 150 350 8s 2is RX-V2500 DVD-C750 2900
Re: Finally Some Pictures!
#83395 02/28/05 06:23 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
nice pics, thanks for sharing. looks like a great job of cord management. and nice cd rack, looks simple but functional.

i have 2 questions.. 1st, the room looks kinda small. does that system seem to be too much for that room? i mean, i have pretty much the same system in a HUGE room, and it is plenty. i would just think your levels could get over what would be considered comfortable.. 2nd, why the need for the M2's in the front? do you switch back and forth from the 60's? just curious..

overall, very nice set-up, but i just get the impression its kinda 'squeezed' in there. and i love all the greenery. i have not a green thumb.. i swear, i can kill fake plants...

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#83396 02/28/05 06:27 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Great photos!
It's very evident from the color temperature of the first two photos that the new equipment has substantially warmed up the room!

I'm a bit OCD when it comes to cable management as well and believe those types of details really make a difference in my HT satisfaction…kinda like how driving a clean car just "feels" better!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
#83397 02/28/05 06:50 PM
devotee
devotee
WOW man! Nice clean set-up, and great work on the cable management too. Looks like we have the same taste in floor lamps. I've got the same one.

#83398 02/28/05 06:55 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

kinda like how driving a clean car just "feels" better!

my freshly washed and waxed truck ALWAYS runs faster than when its dirty. its a proven fact!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#83399 02/28/05 08:15 PM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
Tom, nice pictures (and BIG!!!)

The cable management piece is just stellar!

Nice work!!

Ray

#83400 02/28/05 09:20 PM
Seabear Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
"nice pics, thanks for sharing. looks like a great job of cord management. and nice cd rack, looks simple but functional.

i have 2 questions.. 1st, the room looks kinda small."

Actually, it is pretty big, that is just one corner. Past the sub the wall extends to the doorway and stairs, another 8 feet on that side.
Opens up to 25' vaulted ceilings right above the windows-
And the room goes back 27 feet from the front of the system, opening to the kitchen and dinningroom. The wall that the system is on is about 20' wide, then it closes down to about 14 ', then opens again to 20'. Never did the math, but is is a sizable space, biggest I've ever had for a listening/movie area.

"does that system seem to be too much for that room?"

I would not say so. I can get it up to close to 0, and it is not uncomfortably loud. Do not listen much at those levels, but it certainly fills the space, and never sounds like it is too much!

"2nd, why the need for the M2's in the front? do you switch back and forth from the 60's? just curious.. "

Yamaha DSP's. Front Effects. I love 'Em!
And, I had an epiphanny while writing a reply to someone about the merits of the Front Channels; I can run some cable around to the back of the room, hooked to the 7.1 Rear Surround channels, and then whenever I want 7.1 HT, I can just pop the plugs out of the M2's and take them, stands and all, and plop them down on the kitchen counter, which is about 3 feet back from the back of the livingroom, facing into the livingroom, and Blamo! 7.1, without hanging speakers!

"but i just get the impression its kinda 'squeezed' in there."

Maybe on that wall (it is the only wall I have to work with!)but the overall room is pretty big...

"It's very evident from the color temperature of the first two photos that the new equipment has substantially warmed up the room!"
Yeah, and they say Yamaha stuff is too Cool. ;-)

"Looks like we have the same taste in floor lamps. I've got the same one."
Lamp? Shelf? Lamp? Shelf? Chotchkas! Need Both! Gotta Love Target!

"The cable management piece is just stellar!"
Yeah, and it is even better now. I forgot that was a day or two before it was finished (you can play what's different between the wiring picture and the "after" picture!) and I cleaned it up even more the second time around.

"nice pictures (and BIG!!!)"
Yeah, I think I had the size of the shot on the camera set too high.

And, I don't know about that clean car thing- I haven't washed either of mine in two years! Let it Rain!
Thanks All!
:-)

Axioms; For when you've just Gotta have More Cowbell! 60s 150 350 8s 2is RX-V2500 DVD-C750 2900

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044