I've posted several times about my M60s....now here is a quick run down on the whole shebang.

My findings on the A/V receiver:

The Yamaha provides PLENTY of clean power, and has user-friendly controls.
I found that it didn't seem to improve the overall sound quality, but....what it DID do was more precisely "locate" the various instruments, and sounds. It also greatly improved the separation, the vocals, (for example)...perfectly centered as well.

The dvd-sacd-cd player:

A very versatile, well made unit by Sony.
Once again, a great unit, but I did not notice any improvement in the overall sound quality.

Speakers:

M60s.........as we all know by far the biggest, and best sound quality improvement that one can make to their system, are GOOD speakers.
The M60s didn't disapoint.

Interconnects:

I like my "cables" very much....good connections, AND great gold plate, for conductivity.
I have to say, I did not here any sound improvements though.

Speaker wire:

I am really satisfied with my "wires".
I tried the zip wire, then the "M" series.......it wasn't until I put on the bi-wire "M" series that I noticed an improvement. Even though the wires didn't do what the mfg. claimed, they DID improve the bass a bit, even though no one will ever believe me.

That's it....my system really is not new anymore, but I hope this will help some pick out theirs.

LIFE: "Choices, balance, and timing"

(Larryism)