Print Thread
Rate Thread
trouble with QSS8 stands
#8378 01/26/03 01:52 AM
duffin Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
I am trying to put together my QSS8 stands and mount the QS8s on them, but it doesn't seem to fit so well.
The wooden brackets attach to the speaker just fine (in place of the metal ones that come on it). Then I sit them on the posts of the stand, but the holes don't quite line up. The speaker's bracket holes are just a little too high up for the holes in the posts. I tried taking off the bottom grill, but that didn't help matters any with the speakers sitting on the pegs.
Has anyone else had any trouble with this?

(PS - Assuming I can get this worked out, I'm not even sure I want to keep these QS8s and QSS8s to replace my direct radiating surrounds, I might be interested in selling them cheap if anyone's interested. They will stay in mint condition.)

alternative QSS8 stand?
#8379 01/29/03 10:02 PM
duffin Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
ok, these stands are driving me mad. I remember reading that Axiom was developing a tabletop stand for the surrounds. Does anyone know the status of that or where I can find this thread? (I ran all kinds of searches and only came up with alternative DIY methods, not anything from Axiom.)

Re: alternative QSS8 stand?
#8380 04/18/03 09:38 PM
old hand
old hand
I didn't have any trouble with my QSS8 stands, except after I assembled them, I realized that the wood bracket was attached backwards on the speaker! I think I assembled the legs of the stand to the speaker before tightening anything down.

M60s, VP150, QS8 x4 ACI Titan II sub Anthem AVM20 pre/pro Anthem PVA7 amp Panasonic DVD-RP91
#8381 04/20/03 06:55 PM
duffin Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
In talking with Axiom, we determined that since I had a new version of the QS8 (the top and bottom grilles come off), that the old wooden brackets to mount them to the stands would not work. So they sent me a new pair of brackets. Guess what, those don't fit either (they fit the same as the old ones).

Again, they attach to the speaker just fine, but then there's no way they line up with the holes on the stand.
Alternatively, I can attach them to the stands first, but then the speakers won't line up.

I can't believe I'm the only one to have this problem.

#8382 04/22/03 01:28 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Hi Duffin,

I relayed your comments to Axiom service manager Joe Vassallo, who tried the new stand brackets with the "old" QS8s with the non-removable grilles and the new ones, with the removable grilles. They fit both. Please call Joe on our toll-free line any day but Wednesday or Sunday, and he'll resolve this problem or send you the correct brackets.

Regards,

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)
#8383 04/22/03 07:59 PM
duffin Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
For everyone's benefit, especially Joe's, I just want to clarify my timeline with this issue.

At first, I posted the question here on the forums. But then with no similar experinces, I contacted Joe directly. He was a big help and sent me out a new (and different) set of brackets. Customs apparently ate them so he had to send out yet another.

When they got here they still didn't fit (they fit the same as the older ones), so I was going to contact Joe when I noticed that this thread had been resurrected, so I posted here.

I didn't want it to seem like I gave up on customer service and went back to flaming anyone in the forums.

So thanks to Joe for the famous Axiom customer service treatment and additional thanks to Alan for further diligence on making sure all customers are happy.

#8384 04/22/03 10:44 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

I didn't want it to seem like I gave up on customer service and went back to flaming anyone in the forums.

Umm... You didn't seem like that at all.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044