Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hallos & Denon in place (pic)
#84173 03/06/05 12:12 AM
Tharkun Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Here is a pic of the Halo's and the Denon in place for now. In the process of gettting the Mega players emptied, so they can be put on eBay. Thinking of exchanging the A51 for another A21 and two A23. This will put the four amps on the right side of the cabinet, and then the C1, Denon 2900, HDTV Tivo, PS2, Game Cube, and then the digital jukebox, will be housed in the left side.

Re: Hallos & Denon in place (pic)
#84174 03/06/05 12:28 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
The silver 2900 looks nice...as do the Halos!

#84175 03/06/05 12:36 AM
Tharkun Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Thanks curtis, its starting to get there, another two weeks maybe and it will done, and the cabinet all trimed out so its not noticeable as a roll out.

#84176 03/06/05 01:00 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Damit I hate not comprehending what is going on… grrr..

Tharkun, what are you thinking about doing now, getting rid of the cd changers, in lue of what?... or ripping them all to mp3? (digital jukebox).... and now you want to get some more amps? What is an A51?....21, or 23 for that matter…. And what is a C1?... I know what the ps2 is… and a digital jukebox.. but you realize the quality of mp3’s are not quite as good as wav files… don't know if you care “that much” or not… at the rate you are going, you might want to consider a home theater pc?...that way you could have 3 or 4 of your devices you want all with in one box… and you said your computer literate. So you should be able to build one, no?...

You kow, Tharkun, you and me have pretty much the exact same personality, buy something, and with in a week or so, you have bought something that is better than the original purchase…and contemplating something even better… you just happen to have deeper pockets that i… , but then again, I'm only 26...

#84177 03/06/05 01:23 AM
Tharkun Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Sorry, I will make a post and hopefully it will be more clear as to what I'm doing. Also folks, another typo, I have the Halo C2 processor, not the more expensive C1.

#84178 03/06/05 02:48 AM
Tharkun Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Sorry if you did not understand my post, it was an update to the previous post, so see how one would not understand
the Halo model numbers having not read the other post, was not my intention to confuse any members.

My Axion purchase was going to be for a 7.1 channel system from the start but I had not made a decision on whcih sub, the EP500 or the 600. I did make a change to the origanl plan in the changing out of the VP150, to the current M80. Reason was I was not happy with the VP150 mounted at the heigth it had to be
placed, and since the new HDTV had already caused the need for a new cabinet, the decision was to change center speakers, and provide space for it in the new cabinet. Also as the picutre shows, becasue of the floor plan of my house, all of the HT sytem needs to be confined to that area.

My origianl decision for the processor and amp did not work out, and don't feel that was all my fault, so I needed to find replacements, and after talking to several experts whoms advice I respect, the decision was not to go with a single 7 channel amp, and to go with some arrangement of seperate uinits, which now
would take up more of the limited space I have. So elimanting the 3 mega players was now a definite thing, and I had thought for some time about doing something differant, it had just not been a priority till now.

For reasons I have expained in other posts, the final decision was to go with the Parasound Halos. Also with Parasound I had the commitment that if the combination of the A 51 (400watt@4ohm5 & A 21 (400watt@4ohmx2) was not to my liking, I could exchange amps and get the combination I felt was the best for my situation, the C12 processor will work with all amps, so it was a keeper no matter which amp combination I ended up with.

Now that I have had the Halo system for a couple of days and it has some heavy use, the A 51 does run rather warm at high volumes, yet, the A 21 runs way cooler than its big brother. So after having the amps here, in the cabinet, running the Axiom system, I have decided the better soultion would to be to exchange the A 51 for a second A 21, the two A 21's would each drive a pair of the M80's (the front and rears). One A 23 (200watt@4ohm x 2) will drive the QS8's, the second will be bi-wired to the center channel M80. After having the Halos to test with, I now know this combination will solve any heat issue, and will drive the five M80's at any volume level, for any lenght of time, this is what I have proved by running the Halos for 24/7 for 36 hours continous. Also as a side note, it will not cost be more with this combination of amps, actually will have almost a $400 refund from the original purchase price of the A 51 & A 21.

With the 4 amps taking up the right side of the cabinet, my undecided time to elimate the three mega players has now been decided. So the thought out plan I
have had for many months will now go into the works. Yes, I will purchase the hardware and assemble the digital juke box my self, just like the new pc I built a few months ago to replace the last one I built, it was 10 years old and time to upgrade. The jukebox is for the daytime listening, cd's play a majority of the day, and I can not be running to the system and changing them out when they end. When I sit down and relax, and want to listen to a CD, then I will use the Denon 2900. What little quality I may loose in the compression of the cd's to disk, the Halos and the Axiom will make up for, it nothing else in plain volume level. LOL

As for purchasing a HT pc, have you tried getting Direct TV to just sell you the service, and then connecting a HT pc to it, if not, give it a try if you want to waste several days finding someone that can even understand what you are refering to. The theater HT pc is a slight sore spot with I and one of my roomies, until EVRYTHING can be flawlessly conected to a PC, I'm not going to be involved, I have done things like that before, I just don't have the time or patience to tweak and expeirament with something that I use to sit and relax with.

Hope this helps clear up what I have been doing, and I would like to make it clear, I do not have unlimited funds, and like other memebers on this forum, I have to stay with in my spending limits, if not, I most likely would have not found Axiom speakers. I do not just go out and by something, only to get it home and decide on something better. If I had not had amp issues, I may not have been doing as much upgrading as I have, at least not in this short of a time frame, but it ended up being a cascading problem, one thing caused another problem.

Last edited by Tharkun; 03/06/05 03:16 AM.
#84179 03/06/05 03:31 AM
devotee
devotee
SUUHHWEEET!

#84180 03/06/05 04:00 AM
W
Wid Offline
axiomite
axiomite
W
I was just wondering.Say you do run 2 A 21s for the front and rear M80s.Then you have a single A 23 @ 200 watts @ 4 ohm for the center M80 would you not be pushing the center channel amp quite a bit harder to try to keep up with the A 21s.Seems to me you would be running the A 23 rather hard and hence might not get rid of the heat issue,at least not for the center channel amp.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

#84181 03/06/05 04:39 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
There is also a Halo mono amp as well!

#84182 03/06/05 04:42 AM
Tharkun Offline OP
connoisseur
OP Offline
connoisseur
Ya, one of my thoughts. Not sure which I will do right now, was just posting my thoughts. The Halos are driving the sytem great, and hearing things out of the 80's that I have not had before. Right now the existing interconnects are a bit short, and if I change that to longer, would improve the air, and I did some switching on whhich channels are running which speaker, and that has equaled the heat over the entirA 51, and in the past few hours, is running a bit cooler, so I just keep tweaking things. Thanks for the input.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters