Rate Thread
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
Re: Confession #2
#86833 03/24/05 10:18 PM
aficionado
aficionado
In reply to:

We still love you, pookie...

I think I can feel my teeth beginning to decay...

Jack,

Well said, as always, my friend.

Seriously, don't you go anywhere or let anyone allow you to second-guess your current situation (posted or not). I'd wager that almost anyone will understand the circumstances...

Jack and the word "shill" in the same sentence?: "Inconceivable!"

We (as a forum) have dealt with "Islands in the Streem"...we can handle this.

As long as your ears are happy, we are happy...not to mention your Mom probably appreciates them as well.

After all, our ears are as individual as each of us...it would be a very boring (not to mention extremely bizarre) world if everyone was Jack, or Ray, or me...Subjectively speaking, may your ears find pleasure in what makes them happy.

Live from Austin, Texas.

WhatFurrer

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."
#86834 03/24/05 10:23 PM
axiomite
axiomite
I think we're all just a bit despairing because we never seem to be able to get a good comparison between Axiom and Rocket speakers other than via third hand rumours and misspelled diatribe from people who have heard neither.

We were all thinking "cool, Ray AND Jack have Rockets now, surely ONE of them will shed some light on how they compare. I think we all expect there to be some significant differences and we expect good healthy argument about which is better, but I'm starting to suspect this is some kind of secret marketing strategy -- "shh, don't tell anyone what Rockets sound like, make them buy their own if they wanna find out".

They know curiosity is gonna get us in the end

Last edited by bridgman; 03/24/05 10:25 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
#86835 03/24/05 11:09 PM
devotee
devotee
bridgman, funny post. I have stated my feeling about the two set ups in the past. Do a search.

I know that Ray and Jack feel the same way I do on this matter so I will blabber for a little bit.

The problem with stating what you feel is that it is "what you feel". What one of us hears in the Rockets vs the Axioms may not be what others hear. I have stated in the past that I find speaker reviews full of BS because how do they know that I will hear or feel what they hear and feel. So, Jack and Ray will not post their "vs" notes because they know that their experience may not be anothers and (2) because of #1 there will be bad blood started. (3) Ray, Jack and I love both speakers and find great qualities in both lines so why create waves.

I think that anyone can get a good feeling of the overall sound of an Axiom or a Rocket by reading enough on the boards. Just like any review, always take it with a grain of salt and throw out words like Harsh (Axioms) or Laidback (Rockets). I own both lines and have not found those words apply at all.

So...do your reading and if you live in the area of a Rocket owner go and get your own impressions. Then post those thoughts please

#86836 03/24/05 11:57 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
"They sound more "mass market" for mixing for television and other home presentation."

We don't often agree, Bren, but you have that one nailed. I don't listen to much TV - outside of the digital music channels - on my Axiom HT.

Jack, don't be naive.
You were specifically chosen to be the recipient of free Rockets because:
-you are NOT a schill. Everybody knows that.
-you were not 100% completely in love with the sound of your Axioms (recall the PMs we exchanged some year or two ago?). If you did truly love the Axiom sound, you would not prefer Rockets.
-you are a trusted, active, prolific internet poster. Giving speakers to you (which are obviously better suited for your listening preferences) and then letting you loose on the boards results in instant sales for that company.

It is just silly to believe that somebody gave you thousands of dollars worth of audio equipment because the guy wanted to do something "nice". Why not give the stuff to somebody with no HT? or with Bose?
It was calculated.
It was smart.
Two questions:
Who do you reckon informed Mark of your dis-satisfaction with Axioms?
And would you please report back after spending 2 years with the new system?

#86837 03/25/05 12:22 AM
shareholder in the making
In reply to:

It is just silly to believe...

Ouch.

First of all, you can't get a "home theater makeover" if you don't have a home theater. Second, you're quite cynical and stomped all over the magic. <sigh>

#86838 03/25/05 12:29 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I double that ouch.

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

#86839 03/25/05 12:37 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

It was calculated. It was smart.

I would tend to agree. I hate to say it but this sounds more fishy than an honest move to me but then again, I could be wrong.

Jack you and I have been on the wrong page with each other in the past but........ it's wrong that you got all that stuff for free. You should send it to me now so I can do the right thing with it!

And...................who cares what speakers we all have anyway? It's about the fun of kicking back listening to tunes or a movie on whatever floats our respective boats!

#86840 03/25/05 12:49 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I simply don't believe Mark Schifter is taking advantage of Jack to sell more speakers. Nor do I feel Jack would allow such a thing. I'm sure he'll divulge a little further on this matter.

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

#86841 03/25/05 12:58 AM
axiomite
axiomite
>>I simply don't believe Mark Schifter is taking advantage of Jack to sell more speakers. Nor do I feel Jack would allow such a thing.

I don't think anyone is saying this. A fair question is whether this is a smart promotional move on AV123's part. My thought is "yes, but what's wrong with that ?".

Audio mfgs with traditional dealer networks spend a bunch of money spiffing the dealers to build awareness and get support. Manufacturers who sell direct via Internet (Axiom and AV123 both) are able to work directly with end customers, so it only makes sense that their promotion and marketing efforts should be aimed there as well.

I would rather see Jack get a new system than some dealer... although I do agree with NeverHappy's observation. This is obviously and evil and dastardly scheme, so the best thing you could do is pack the new system off to some other deserving board member so you can sleep nights.

Pick me, pick me !!!

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
#86842 03/25/05 01:05 AM
Yes. It's a smart promotional move, but after reading about how it occurred, and particularly after learning more about the people involved, I'd say the "promotional" aspect was not even considered. It's just a nice benefit that comes with acts of kindness.

Businesses that treat people well will reap the rewards. There's nothing new about this.

Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters