Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M3ti versus M22ti
#8727 02/10/03 11:13 PM
Stupac Offline OP
OP Offline
Howdy folks,

I am hoping to get as many replies as possible to this post in order to help me make my decision. So, if all you are able or willing to contribute is a model number, then I'd greatly appreciate that at the very least.

I am a musician myself, and while I spend alot of cash on performance gear, I won't spend a lot of money on stereo equipment. No recorded guitar will ever compare to live Marshall stacks!

Anyway, I need to buy a new pair of speakers and think I'd like a pair of Axiom bookshelves. However, all my system will consist of is the bookshelves. I'm not interested in home theatres or subs, etc.

So, which of the above models best stands on its own as as a set of music-oriented speakers. ie, bass response, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Stuart

Re: M3ti versus M22ti
#8728 02/11/03 02:30 PM
veteran
veteran
hi Stupac,

i like the nickname!

I own both the M3's and the M22's. I prefer the M22's.

I can't stand writing long posts anymore, so i'll cut to the point.

The M3's bass is a bit more punchy (larger woofer), but the midrange is more laid back.

The M22's have extremely flat frequency response, so they sound more forward than the M3's. They give more detail and soundstaging than the M3's, too.

Both are pretty much equal in the high end of sound, and both reach to about the same depths in terms of low frequency extension, and the M22's are only about 1dB more sensitive.

you can't really go wrong with either. if you don't mind spending the extra cash, i'd get the m22's.

if you search the forum, there are other posts about comparing these.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,464
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044