Hi Red; this is Rich.

When we talk about upgrades, are we simply talking about spending more money, or getting what we want? That was the question I was faced with a few weeks back.

It wasen't a case of the money-it came down to my listening preferences entirely. Or more to the point, the fact that I'd had some M3s for years and was sure I had my "Speakers for Life" Then we moved into a larger house....

I opted for a familiar favorite sound rather than a potential improvement. These M50s are like the M3s in one important point: They don't know how to make a bad sound! They may not make a great recording sound brilliant like I understand the M22s and M60s do, (not to forget the M2 and M80s)but these M50s never disappoint in normal day-to-day sonic fare like analog cable,(ugh)right on up thru sacd.

Do I like my M50s? Yup, more and more each day-I listened to a couple favorite arias last night; Ever grinned from ear-to-ear and cried at the same time?!

Yeah, the M50s would be a good choice if that's where your listening interests lie.-Works for me.

Rich.